(Closed) Very urgent!Ordered a dress but I’m not sure about back now (Casablanca 1938)

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Beautiful dress.

The back will lay differently for each person. Did you have the seamstress measure where you want the back to lay? I am sure it will be fine, but if I were you, I would call and/or email the seamstress to stop the alteration for now. I would then print out the picture you have located and then take it in to get the alterations set the way you want them. Your seamstress should be able to look at the picture to get the back the way you want it.

Post # 4
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

I am a little confused – have you already ordered the dress and asked for it to be altered, or are you about to order the dress and trying to decide whether or not to alter it? If you haven’t ordered it yet, you could probably order it and wait to make your decision until it comes in and you can see it on yourself.

Post # 6
1020 posts
Bumble bee

i personally like the back to be low like the stock photo. however, since the back seems pretty low, raise it up by 2″ shouldn’t make the back “straight across”. they’ll probably raise the 2″ from the lowest point and by looking at the stock photo, even after raising 2″, the back should still be “V” shaped.

Post # 7
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Have you called the bridal salon? If you only ordered it yesterday, it might not be too late to cancel the higher back. But I would go by how you felt when you tried it on rather than the pictures because it will look different on different bodies. If you thought the back was too low for the sample you tried on, I’d leave it go with the extra inches.

Post # 9
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

If you just ordered it Saturday, they probably haven’t done a thing with it.  Call them first thing Monday morning to get clarification.

The topic ‘Very urgent!Ordered a dress but I’m not sure about back now (Casablanca 1938)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors