Videographer Quoted $700 for Wedding

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Is $700 from a young entrupunuer reasonable?
    Yes : (37 votes)
    93 %
    No : (1 votes)
    3 %
    Other : (2 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 3
    4043 posts
    Honey bee

@ClassicLady:  Not sure where you live, but that seems really cheap compared to the prices I got quoted in my mid-size city (500,000 people). I couldn’t find anybody less than $1,200. 

If you like his quality of video/editing and trust he will deliver a good product, I would say go for it!

Post # 4
    975 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

@ClassicLady:  Quite reasonable. Video is usually $700 an hour because of all the editing required. 

Post # 5
    1625 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@ClassicLady:  that is sooooo cheap. unless you have twice that in your budget, go for it!

Post # 6
    145 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@ClassicLady:  That is super cheap to the point I’d actually be a bit suspicious or worried about what I’ll receive. But if you have seen their work and you like their quality and style, then go for it!  Just make sure you understand what it includes.  We got a highlight trailer, a full 20 minute feature film with a few DVDs, and full coverage of the speeches and ceremony.  I’m planning to ask for the raw footage also. Total was $4800 so if you get all this, it’s a steal!  I would have loved to find a videographer that’s just getting into the business with amazing talent but videography was SUPER important to us and we couldn’t find anyone with the artistic talent or cinematography up to our liking.

Post # 7
    62 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@ClassicLady:  If you like his work, I say go for it. We had a referral from a friend for a guy who was trying to build up his portfolio to get into a technology school. I saw one sample of his work, and it was enough to convice me!

We had full day coverage, highlight video, ceremony and reception video, and all the raw footage for $700. Here is our highlight video:

Worth every penny for us!

Post # 9
    441 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

@Burtongirl:  That is super cheap to the point I’d actually be a bit suspicious or worried about what I’ll receive. +1

We’re paying about 1800 ($, original was quoted in £s) for a professional who has done plenty of weddings as well as a variety of videos, we’re getting a significant discount since he is a family friend.   The cheapest we found was about $1000 which is about half but honestly the quality isn’t half as good so we decided against the latter.  If you are confident that you are going to get a good service, then I’d go for it, our photographer is starting out (she has done several weddings though) and since she is also a family friend we got a very good price too.  I would make sure that they aren’t going to mess it up (videography is quite important to us) but the price is a total bargain!

ETA: This price includes; full day coverage, a trailer, a full HD 40 minute feature film (min), several DVD copies, two high quality cameras filming at all times with two videographers and all of the footage separately on quicktime files so they can be easily uploaded.  In addition to this, we will have a previous recording regarding how ‘it all started’. (An example of a wedding he has done.)

Post # 10
    409 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@FutureMrsSarah:  I agree. I would look at his samples and make sure you’re happy with his work. $700 is very reasonable. Mine cost a lot more and we’re super happy with the result.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors