- 6 years ago
- Wedding: March 2013
We were all set with our videographer. He was going to shoot 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. with an assistant and give us three edited DVDs for $600.00. We know this guy, know his work, and really like the deal he gave us.
When we contacted him to draw up the contract, he through us an issue.
Since he’s going back to school in a different city in January, he doesn’t know his schedule for March. He’s taking bookings, through this business he works for (each videographer is contracted out with his/her own price), three months in in advance, so he’d let us know by December if he can work our March wedding, saying that he plans on coming home on weekends for work, but can’t tell us if that March weekend will be free, based upon his schooling and job in his new city. If he can’t, he’d give us videographer referals.
On all the timelines, they says to book videographers six months out, so waiting for the three month mark makes me anxious. But, the average videographer in our area is five hours for $2,000, so I don’t want that either! If he can guarantee a videographer who is in his price range (work a deal for us), then I’d be OK.
What would you do?