VINDICATED!!! Update to the ring debaucle of 2013!

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
9038 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Nona99:   Proof of karma, lol – what comes around goes around, huh?    🙂  ((HUGS)) 

Post # 4
288 posts
Helper bee

I like you. This made me laugh a lot. And rub my hands together and cackle…

Post # 6
6407 posts
Bee Keeper

Sorry your loan went so poorly, it was a a nice gesture. 🙁

This is why I now follow the rule, “never a borrower or lender be.” I too got burned by loaning money but in a different way (My friend worried too much about how long the repayment was taking and what I “must” be feeling, and kind of had a meltdown about the issue, in any case it almost ruined our friendship). If I give people money I no longer expect it back at all and I make that clear.

Money… it so easily gets in the way of what really matters, even when everyone’s got the best intentions.

Post # 7
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@Nona99:  awesome and fabulous Nona! LOVE a happy ending…especially when it’s served as “Just Desserts” ha! Good for YOU!!!

Post # 9
2209 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Nona99:  What goes around comes around!  Glad you finally got repaid, too.  🙂

Post # 10
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Nona99: Wait so you lent money to the SO of a long time friend for an engagement ring? 

Post # 12
2209 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@joya_aspera:  I learned this lesson from an ex!  I lent him a month’s rent + utilities to keep him from getting evicted and to keep his electricity on, and in the end he said “you didn’t help me at all, you just changed who I owe money to.” 

He was such an a$$hole…and the only one of the guys I’ve dated who I felt was truly a bad person.  After we broke up, I had to harass him for a LONG time, (a year or two) but I finally got most of my money back.  He still technically owes me $180, but not having to talk to him ever again is worth at least that much.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors