Waiting bees! 2014 could be our year! How are you feeling? Any progress?

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

So it’s definitely a definite for you? 😀 so exciting!

A while ago BF told me that next year “isn’t out of the question”, so it’s nothing for sure but it’s far more than I had to go on when I entered 2013! 🙂 he gets exam results back in February that will determine if he can start looking for a “proper” job. So I have a feeling that after that he might start actually thinking about getting something together? I hope he doesn’t wait to actually get the job (haha, I’m so responsible), or if he does then I pray that my misery isn’t prolonged beyond our anniversary in 2015!

Writing it out like that makes me realise that I really don’t have much to be excited about (so many variables hurr) but at least I can see how far I’ll move up the list! 😀

Post # 4
80 posts
Worker bee

@prettyinpink11:  So exciting for you! I’m sure you’ll be engaged in no time 🙂 

I asked my SO two months ago where he saw himself in 6 months, and he said, “engaged to you and planning our wedding,” so hopefully I’ll be off the list by May at the latest! 

I’m excited for 2014 for sure 🙂

Post # 5
47 posts
  • Wedding: May 2016

My SO told me he plans to propose this year! He said he is ready and wants to do it now even though before I had said maybe we should wait another year (just to let some pressure off him since I can’t help being so obsessed with my wedding fever). Ahhh so excited for you girls! Can’t wait for this year to start! 🙂

Post # 6
864 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

@prettyinpink11:  first off, yay!! you’re sooo close, i’m so happy for you! love your ring choice too!! 🙂

Progress for me has actually been happening, and it’s Mr. H who’s been dropping the hints! 

-A few weeks ago, Mr. H was reading his FB newsfeed and there was an article that popped up about DeBeers; apparently they were price gouging severely or something. Anyway, I told him that when the time comes, if he doesn’t use one of the heirloom rings his mom and sister offered (which, as of Thanksgiving, he hadn’t ever seen), that he didn’t need to worry about spending 10 grand on a ring. I told him to think about white sapphire or white topaz; just as sparkly, wayyyy less money. He said, “Well, I really appreciate you looking out for my bank account…but you should know that it’s safe to say you’re getting a diamond. Well 2…well it’s 3.” Then we started looking at men’s wedding bands. 🙂 The fact that he said what kind of ring it was leads me to believe he’s got it already or at least has it picked out!

-Last week we were watching a documentary on food; how it affects your health, etc. We’re super picky, label-reading, organic if we can, “those people,” type eaters. So I was saying how when we have kids I want our kids to eat clean foods; they start off as a blank slate without junk. He agreed; I told him that he’s going to be a really amazing dad one day. He said that I am going to be an amazing mom, but then he added, “and, you’re going to be an amazing wife.” 🙂

-He’s been bringing up “big ticket” subjects (things you’d want to make sure you discuss before marriage). In the last week we’ve talked about money and how we’ll handle bills when we’re married. We’ve talked about where we’re going to live, how long until we have kids and how many, etc.

I’M SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD because I think it’s coming pretty soon…hell, maybe even tomorrow. I asked him what we’re doing for NYE and all I get is, “It’s in the making…” Yay for 2014; no matter if it happens January 1st or December 31st, this is our year!

Post # 7
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Alexander Homestead

@prettyinpink11:  Yep, 2014 is definitely going to be our engagement year, by SO’s own account in fact! A few weeks ago a I was rattling off the things I was going to look fwd to about the new year like new staff for my business, fewer organizational positions, more free time, etc. and he chimed in, “Yea, and getting engaged!”  I was surprised how cool I played it and didn’t beam with the brightest smile. I just said, “Oh yea. That too. Smile”  LOL! I think I have talked about it so much on Wedding Bee that I am kind of Engagement talk-ed out! I get to meet the last significant immediate family member of his this NYE – his second oldest brother.  SO and I have been dating 7.5 years and I have met EVERYONE except this one brother. I told him I didn’t like the idea of us marrying and he and I still had not met face-to-face. I am predicting a V-day proposal but since we were all surprised brother would be in town for NYE, could it be possible that I get a post-ball drop big question popped? Wink If so that would be awesome!  If not, V-day is next on the radar. After that, our timeline was anytime between now and June 2014 so I’ll reserve my panicking until June if my left hand is still empty.

Post # 8
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I have a feeling this will be the year! I graduate from university at the end of July, and we will be moving into our first condo either July or August 1st. We have agreed on Oct. 2015 for a wedding, and I told him I need about a year to plan.

I was joking with him that when the time comes that we could get engaged he has so many opportunities-my grad, my birthday, our anniversary, thanksgiving, hanukkah and christmas. He told me that we was planning on being super romantic and taking me out to fancy dinners, carriage rides and beach strolls all the time- just to throw me off! He seems to be in good spirits about it, and is always telling me how he cant wait to marry me, but that I need to graduate first! I actually feel a lot less stressed and am more at peace waiitng now with a more solid timeline. So Aug-dec of 2014 I hope to be engaged!

Post # 9
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I hopefully have no more than three months left to wait! Our 8th anniversary is in March and he says it’ll happen before then. Very excited. 

I’d post a pic f the ring I’ve shown him but I’m posting from my phone. 

Post # 10
898 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I am about 99% sure I will be getting a proposal on January 4th or 5th when we take our 2 year anniversary trip to a bed and breakfast on a quaint little island. He had told me in about October that he’d be asking by the end of January, so I have reasons to suspect! Also, we’re due to have a child in April and we both want to be engaged by then!

Post # 11
1802 posts
Buzzing bee

I have already known for over two years that my SO has the ring, but he is just waiting for the right time to ask (we are only 20 and 22). He has always been one of those people who is very vague about everything–“We won’t be having kids for at least like ten years!” or “We don’t really need to be married for another five or six years.” Recently he’s changed his tune, and he says he will probably propose sometime during summer 2014, so that we can be married by May 2015. He also started mentioning kids more often too now that he has gotten to know his nieces and nephews a little bit better! I think moving in together (five months ago) has given him the push he needed to realize that we don’t have to wait a certain amount of time to live our lives!

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee

2014 is a definite!!! SO (thankfully) keeps me in the know with his intentions, but ultimately the exact when and how of the proposal are completely in his hands.  I purposely don’t bring up anything engagement/wedding related and when he brings it up, I’ll just smile or change the subject.  Could be anytime next year… we have Valentine’s Day, our anniversary in March, A trip to Costa Rica in February, and a trip to Las Vegas in April.  The wait is both fun (I’m enjoying the anticipation) and hellish at the same time.  His grandmother asked him a few days ago if he got me “anything sparkly for Christmas” (her exact words.

If I had to guess, i’d say we will more than likely be engaged by July..

Post # 13
140 posts
Blushing bee

quierajen – Congratulations on the baby!! I would be so anxious with such a close date!! Fingers crossed for you.

Post # 15
1802 posts
Buzzing bee

@prettyinpink11:  It is an antique, Edwardian style with a ruby. I found it on eBay years ago, and I watched it on his account (LOL, hint hint). He got the hint and bought it. He used to use my iPhone for the eBay app, so I got a notification when he bought it, and it was so obviously. It literally popped up, “You’ve just purchased RING through PayPal” because the lady had it listed for purchase as RING I guess LOL. He doesn’t know I know though 😉

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors