- Mrs. Locket
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010 - Heron Hill Winery
So I’ve been engaged since June 15 and am still waiting to set a date. I am eager to do so and wish to be married next fall. However, we only have 1K in our savings…we hadn’t been planning on getting married right away and I was surprised by the proposal. Neither of us really realized how much we would need to have saved for our wedding and didnt plan ahead. We could get married next fall, but would have to keep a very small budget/wedding.
Neither of us really wants this and we found a venue we love, but it’s out of the price range we can afford in a year. So after some discussion we thought that perhaps we should just secure a place for 2011 rather than next year. This way we get the venue we love and we are much less stressed in the meantime. Two years is a long time to wait…a long time! I was thinking a year woud be long, but two years?!?
Another worry is what if we decide to set a date for 2 years from now and then end up getting the extra money well before that date we wanted what then? My father has agreed to help us with our wedding, but hasn’t given us any secured amount. This is reason I am reluctant in booking a place for next year in the event that he flakes on us. But the what happens if he comes through with only a short time to plan a weddingfr 2010. So many what ifs and not enough definates.
Have you changed your desired wedding date due to finances? Was it hard to put it off? Did you continue your planning process or put it on hold? Did you want to throw a fit? Did you just decide to elope?