Want to help me shop? Looking for low-profile silver-coloured rings under $500!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@mrsgarkenzie:  It really isn’t a big deal to have a white gold ring dipped.  Before I learned to love the warm sheen of a worn white gold ring, I would have mine redipped every two to three years for around $45.  Definitely worth the savings over platinum if you have a small budget.

Post # 5
1625 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@mrsgarkenzie:  If you’re wanting a ring that will last, silver is not the way to go. And honestly no one will think twice about it if you’re wearing silver and white gold at the same time. 

ETA: I like the Erica Weiner ring. Pretty!

Post # 9
1261 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I like number 3 and 5.  Three and five look more like engagement rings and wouldn’t get caught on anything.

Post # 12
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@mrsgarkenzie:  Try Gemvara? They can be kind of overpriced IMO but it depends on what you’re looking for. They definitely have lots of options within your budget in both white gold and silver.

Their silver alloy is really nice. I have several silver pieces from them and they have held up very well over time – no tarnishing or warping. IMO if you choose a ring with a heavy and sturdy enough setting, Argentium silver will last and last. My only concern with quality silver would be the prongs weakening over time.

Post # 13
8518 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
Post # 14
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2006

@mrsgarkenzie:  Check out Theloveknotshop on etsy.com . Here are a few of their rings:

Set of 5,  argentium sterling silver double love knot ring, 16g thick, bridesmaids and friendship gifts, trending

Etsy  jewelry, ring, argentium ss, half twist, half plain, any size,Etsy jewelry, twisted knot ring,14kt gold filled, 16g, 1.3mm, any sizeArgentium sterling CROWN ring, adorable, dainty, for any age , for the Princess, or the Queen in you

Post # 15
4494 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

The biggest problem with silver is its softness means it can bend and lose metal easily.  This isn’t as much of an issue with a thicker ring, a ring with no stones, or a ring with bezel set stones, but I wouldn’t bother with anything pronged/pave.  I ruined a silver ring of mine by hitting the prongs on something – one of the stones was knocked out and it was cheaper to buy a new ring than repair it.

here’s a ring that has sort of a floral design with some sparkle:

In palladium this would be a little more than your budget, but it would be low profile and blingy (I have a cz version of this ring, and love it).

Also check out Bandscapes on Etsy.  I’ve always loved this ring from there:

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors