(Closed) Wanting a Marisa 815

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Have you tried preownedweddingdresses.com? Or maybe even eBay? I know I found a gorgeous Mori Lee dress on eBay that I ended up not wearing. It was a great price too!!

Post # 4
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

Where do you live?  Marisa is a Boston designer so a lot of stores around here carry her locally.  If you live near Boston you could check out Vows in Newton/Watertown.  They have all designer dresses in samples and you can get the dress for a fraction of the price. 

Post # 5
26 posts
Newbee

Netbride.com carries the Marisa line.  I was considering a Marisa 802 that I tried on at Macy’s and got a quote from netbride.com for almost a thousand less (not a copy). 

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee

Also check out bridal consignment shops – that’s where I bought my Marisa gown.

Post # 7
13 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies,

After going to eight stores in NYC (including Kleinfeld’s) and trying on countless dresses, I purchased the Marisa 815 dress today.  It is elegant, etheral and edgy all at the same time.  I got that “this is it” feeling that everyone talks about.  But there are some “logical” reasons too:

First and foremost, this dress really elongates!  In fact, I thought gave a better optical illusion than dresses with lots of vertical lines.  That was key for me as I’m 5’1.  Second, the dress is so flowy and lightweight.  It’s easy to move in and will look great dancing.  Third, the every-so-slightly unfinished layer ends and assymetric give it a hip factor.  Finally, the slight sweetheart is great if you don’t want your girls falling out of the dress, but still want a sexy cut.  If you’re a petite hourglass like me, then this is a great style.  Oh one more thing — I’m having an interfaith wedding… so I’ll actually be wearing an Indian Saree for the ceremony and the Marisa for the reception. 

I can’t wait to post my wedding pix in this dress… but that’s not until 11/7/2010. 

Post # 8
125 posts
Blushing bee

I also got a Marisa 815!!!!  Congrats!  I love it for all the reasons you just said!  I am deciding if I should wear a sash or belt with it or not!  Are you?

Post # 9
911 posts
Busy bee

Congrats, ladies.  You will love it.  I wore the Marisa 815 for my wedding last August.  Loved it for all the reasons you stated.  I was overwhelmed with compliments on the dress.   I opted not to wear the ML sash I bought because I thought it broke up (or took too much away from) the asymmetrical layers that flow so beautiful down the dress.  I have posted a bunch of pix in the gallery if you are interested (I know there aren’t many pix of this dress available online). 

Post # 10
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I just got my Marisa 815, too, for my wedding in May. I am still on the fence about a sash, but leaning towards no, as I do think it breaks up the lines that make the dress so unique. My ceremony is outdoors by a barn… very country chic. Am trying to decide on a veil, if I want one or not, and then if I want it long or short. Any recommendations?

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee

I tried it on with a sash in the store, but it didn’t work for me.  But, I *may* wear an organza shawl or stole of some sort. 

Post # 12
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Does anyone have pictures of their bustle???  Veil??  I’m also thinking about removing the mid layer of tulle in the skirt to give it more flow in the wind (getting married on the beach) – did anyone does this or have any thoughts?  Thanks!

Post # 13
911 posts
Busy bee

I wore this dress for my wedding last August.  I posted a bunch of pix of it under my username in the gallery but here’s a pic of the bustle (during our “day after” session) and the veil.

[attachment=847297,106248] [attachment=847297,106249]

Post # 14
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m also thrilled to also be a “Marisa 815” bride.  It is a gorgeous dress!

@Sunflowerhippi – I’m a July 17, 2010 bride and I might be interested in selling… I’ll have to measure my hips though.  The sample didn’t fit me very well either – we ended up ordering a 16 (ARGH, I hate wedding dress sizing!) when I’m usually a street size 8 or 10.  Alterations are actually minimal – mostly around the bust (I’m a 34 DD). If you think that might work, email me… and I’ll get out the measuring tape!

Post # 15
41 posts
Newbee

I was a Marisa 815 bride, too! And I found it on preownedweddingdresses.com from a girl who got it at a sample sale but never ended up wearing it. A STEAL!!!

pics are posted in my gallery

the bustle busted mid-reception, so we hooked the bustle loop around buttons and it worked just fine.

the veil was DIY and took all of 10 minutes. it was great for an outdoor wedding & petite frame!

Post # 16
41 posts
Newbee

some other pics…

[attachment=983385,121285] [attachment=983385,121286] [attachment=983385,121287]

The topic ‘Wanting a Marisa 815’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors