- 3 years ago
Here is my sad story, which I write only to warn other potential customers.
After ten months of searching for the right “Chinese” factory to custom-make my wedding dress, I went with the DhGate seller “Idobridal”. This seller had and still has 100% positive feedback and really nice customer comments. I was so positive about them that I was silly enough to order two dresses. Here are my overall observations:
1. Lynn, the contact person, was quite slow to respond to emails but spoke ok English and I could choose (from a photo) laces for both of the dresses. This was good as I was really concerned about the quality of laces such factories use. On a down side, Lynn would stop responding to messages in face of difficulties, or had to be reminded to respond. Lynn was also less than flexible in negotiating better prices. Thus, the whole process of ordering and processing my order was very slow and I did not feel like I was a valued customer.
2. “Idobridal” were more expensive than other, comperative, DhGate sellers, but Lynn promissed higher end laces, so I paied about $200 per dress (about $50 dearer than elsewhere). They promise free shipping for all their dresses but it is not correct, as their postage is included in the price of the dress. I know this as I got $20 reduction for combined postage 🙂
3. “Idobridal” has lots of “actual” dresses photos on their website, so I was quite confident about their qualty of craftsmanship, use of materials and their ability to make my dresses. Only after I ordered my dresses was I informed that the particular lace in the “actual” photos was not available and I was offered cheaper, less optimal lace. So be vary, that the actual pictures mean nothing, and can be “stolen” from other sellers!
4. The production times on the website is meaningless! The production of my two dresses took 3 times that long as advertised.
5. I received very low quality photos of my dresses to confirm before shipment. I voiced my concerns over some designer issues with the dresses but was assured that all was fine. I asked for several alternations. Some were attended to and I was quite happy with but the most important issues were not fixed or were made worse.
6. Shipment was very fast.
7. The final result of the dresses was very disappointing. There were several designer issues, wrong sizing, wrong materials, poor craftsmanship. The dresses also seemed quite dirty and visible spots and stains are all over the dresses. Unfortunately, seamstress cannot fix these multiple problems.
8. I asked “idobridal” to re-make the dresses (with right measures, design, materials) or refund me. After ignoring my proposals and then declining any attempt to settle this, I had to escalate my dispute to a DHGate Resolution Centre.
9. I submitted an extensive photogtaphic evidence to DHGate Resolution Centre to suport my dispute and my request for full refund. After 2 weeks the DHGate RC was “pleased to inform me” that they would give me partial refund (half of the cost). While I’m glad to be refunded at least something, I’m also angry, as the dodgy, overpriced, “idobridal’s” work still gets paid for more than enough, and I, the valued customer, is ripped off and left in despair. With less than 7 weeks to my two weddings (civil and religious), I have no dresses to wear, and no money to buy the real deal.
10. VERDICT: STAY AWAY FROM “IDOBRIDAL” SELLER ON DH GATE!!!!
1. Here are the pictures of my dream dresses. This dress, intended for the church wedding was the gourgeous Allure 8916:
RESULT: And this is what I got (alterations were to re-do the originally horrible sash). “Idobridal” had the decency to write to me that the reason for the “lack of form/shape” no this dress are my small boobs, and not the incorrect design, or the weak boning used. Basically, the dress is flat at the chest, and the boning bubbles on a torso. Additionally, they incorrectly made my “bust point to bust point” 5.25 inches, which is almost 3 inches smaller; any chance to fix this means to re-do the whole top of the dress. I’m not even putting pictures here of the damage to the material caused by re-doing the sash, or the numerous blacks and pink spots and stains on the dress skirt. In ‘idobridal’s’ defence, the skirt was quite ok (however, it bubbles on the right hip), and they included hard netting to better show the A-line skirt. Unfortunately, wearing this dress is so unconfortable, including the boning in the bust.
This is not firm as in the original picture/holding shape. and the top on the neckline flips out. Additionally, the seams are uneven of both sides and it is visible through the lace.
This is supposed to fit a grown up female (5.25 inches/13.5 cm)…haha 🙂
2. And the second dress, which was intended for the civil, garden wedding in a tropical climate. It is the perfect Katie May’s Princeville gown:
RESULT: Unfortunatelly,I received a heavy gown made of incorrect materials (and this is after I put in my order for specific materials and Lynn agreed). I chose the lace based on picture but in real this lace is horrible, cheap, and really rough on touch. “Idobridal” still holds a stand that this lace is “very expensive” (NOT…this lace sells for $9-$12 a meter). “Idobridal” decided to make the lining from a heavy satin and included additional lining (3 layers instead of 2), which made this dress unsuitable for tropics. All I asked for was a very fine, silk-like lining for a summer dress. Additionally, I asked “Idobridal” to fix the open back several times (should be 4 inches deaper), and fix the triangular bust. It appears that they mnisunderstood me and did the opposite with the bust…obviously, no brains used there… and no fixing was done to the back. Additional issues include wrong measures (bust to bust about 3 inches smaller; dress about 3 inches too long), wrong design (no train attached at the back; boning used on a dress that did not require it), and craftsmanship (scalopped eyelash trims are unevenly attached; trims are flipping out and are unfinished; boning in the bust is poking in, rather than out; the whole inside of the bust is flipping out).
I’m pointing to where my actual bust point is. I gave “idobridal'”my exact measures (shoulder to bust). The bust is 3 inches higher than it should be. You can also see how the trim and inside flips, with bits poking out.
Would you ever be happy with this product for your wedding dress?
Incorrectly used boning and it is deformed and poking inwards and towards the body, which is so uncomfortable! Also, the bust to bust measure is 2 inches smaller.
And here is the back, which is supposed to be fixed by “idobridal” to 20 inches deep (only 16 in picture). You can also see how the trim is uneven with bits being unfinished.
Look at the uneven seams seen through the lace…I would never wear such poor work.
In sum, I hope this was a helpful review to those who consider buying from Chinese factories online. Unfortunatelly, even my extensive online research, and the choice of a seller with 100% feedback and encouraging comments from the past customers, have not prevented this disaster. All I can do now is to laugh about it, put it down to an invaluable experience, and hope something will come up for my alternative dress/es. I’m really sad that the gate (DHGate) favoures their sellers over the customers, and has released my money (or half of it) to “idobridal” for their dodgy job, even though the evidence of their carelessness was very clear (I went way beyond that of what I include here). PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS ISSUE WITH DHGATE AND THE FACT THAT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO ACTUALLY WRITE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. Interestingly, to this point (almost 1 month since starting the dispute and at least 2 week before it is finalised) I am not able to leave any feedback at all on the gate and warn future customers. Maybe that is why sellers like “idobridal” can get away with it.