WARNING: Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eyeliner and contact lenses!

posted 2 years ago in Beauty
Post # 2
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Shkragoldfish: Really!? I’ve worn contacts for 19 years now and the ONLY eyeliner that I swear by to stay where I put it is UD 24/7 liners. I line both my waterline AND the inside of my eyelid and have never had a problem. 

Post # 3
6631 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Shkragoldfish:  I have never had an issue with their eye make up.  You may just have sensitive eyes. 

Post # 5
1905 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’ve never had any issues with UD eyeliner. In fact, I quite like their brand. 

Post # 8
11604 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’ve had this same issue with Clinique eyeliner.  Nice to know it’s not just me…

Post # 9
1159 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I have this same issue with Stila Smudge Stick waterproof eyeliner, but only the emerald color. It even happens sometimes when I’m not wearing contacts…

ETA: Try this stuff to clean off the eyeliner smudge. I haven’t found anything that this doesn’t clean off, but be sure to rinse it off the lenses before putting them back in your eye, it BURNS!

Post # 10
2107 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Oof, my eyes are so sensitive (anything waterproof makes them BURN) that even thinking about lining the waterline makes me cringe!

Post # 11
1 posts

Shkragoldfish:  I had the exact same problem. I didn’t know what was causing the problem at first but then realized it was the eyeliner in my waterline. My vision blurred and I had to take my contacts off to clean them. The same problem kept occurring everytime I used the liner. Even if I made sure to remove any excess product that was in  the corner of my eye near my tearduct. Very disappointing product. 

Post # 13
314 posts
Helper bee

Shkragoldfish:  Can you please tell us what brand of contacts you use?

If you use Acuvue Oyasis then it’s the contacts NOT the eyeliner!! hahaha, seriously! Acuvue Oaysis are the WORST contacts ever and I have this eyeliner issue not matter what brand eyeliner I use. I’ve been wearing contacts for 20years now and I never had eyeliner problems before Oaysis. Not only the eyeiner issue but Oaysis have given me terrible dry eye and they tear super easily. They’re crap.

Post # 15
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I wonder if it has silicone in the formula and that’s what’s reacting to the contacts?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors