Was 2013 all that you hoped it would be?

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Was 2013 all that you hoped it would be?
    It is exactly as I hope it would be!! : (68 votes)
    47 %
    It is slightly different from what I expected. : (48 votes)
    33 %
    Nothing went the way I wanted it to be. : (20 votes)
    14 %
    Neutral. : (9 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    2562 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@tiff-tiff-tiff:  I’ll let you know in about 1.5 hours! We are waiting on some big news to come after midnight!

Post # 5
    355 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

My year was very different from what I expected! I got married, which was wonderful. We bought a house and I got a new job, also both wonderful. But we also dealt with several people passing, and health issues (mine and my mothers). Those events were unexpected and difficult, and were still dealing with them. I guess that’s life, though. But the unfortunate bits have made me even more aware of how lucky and blessed we have been by the lovely parts! 

Post # 6
    2052 posts
    Buzzing bee

I HATED 2013.  Good RIDDANCE! Yell

I voted ‘Nothing went as I wanted it to be’.

I wanted to be engaged and planning my wedding this year.  I wanted to relocate, get a new job….ALL of these things were delayed by no fault of my SO or myself….just life basically laughing in our faces and our plans.

I worked so hard to graduate from college that when I did…I had no friends left and have had to work very hard to get these friendships back in my life.

Everything that could have went wrong did (except my graduation), and I had to learn some of the biggest life lessons ever and found out a lot about myself and how I act when things don’t go my way….and when I have crumbling family issues.

I’ve finally turned a corner with it all and thank goodness that I have finally figured it out for the most part.  Things were so very bad for me that when I turned 30 on my bday, I just wanted to stay in bed and cry lol.  I told my SO that this year I want to celebrate in a big way.

Lets go 2014, which I’m confident will be a MUCH better year for my life!  Sorry so long, just felt good to get that out!

Post # 7
    1110 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Yes! The year is not over, but it was everything I ever wanted. I got engaged in June in my dream location, we went on a much needed long vacation (which we had been planning for nearly 2 years and happened to be where he proposed), finishing up my last year of school, and best of all, I got to actually plan my wedding! Been looking forward to this for so long haha. Here’s to an amazing 2014.

Post # 8
    6407 posts
    Bee Keeper

Actually, it was not bad. Can’t complain 🙂

2011 was “supposed” to be (according to astrology, which I don’t believe in, but wish I could at least entertain mild hope in), a peaceful and gentle year of relaxation, and I so much needed that right then, so that forecast was music to my ears…BUT it was anything but!!!! It was a horrible year! Not the least of which, Fukushima happened. And I lost loved ones, and etc. etc. it was just a terrible, sad, and stressful year.

I have no idea what 2013 was “supposed” to be like, I stopped looking at astrology forecasts after the epic fail about 2011. However, 2013 was the peaceful and gentle year of relaxation that 2011 was supposed to be. FINALLY.

I’m excited about 2014, things are on a good momentum. And I really don’t care to check what astrology might have to say about it either way, lol!

Post # 9
    9226 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2018

Honestly it went pear shaped. I was working again (had taken time off due to illness) and back at uni by early March. In mid March I got rediagnosed, so found out I had Bipolar and Anxiety on top of my depression. I had to drop one subject, and the one left that I was doing I just passed and didn’t get the grade I wanted. I had to stop work, and haven’t been back to university since the end of first semester. 

I have had building financial worries, and been relying on my fiance too much in that area. We did not move out this year like we were hoping to do, and it doesn’t look good for next year either. Finding the right medication just is taking forever, and I am upset that we will have to keep pushing the wedding back further and further. The date on my profile was when we were originally planning on getting married, if I finished the degree when I was planning to (end of next year) and we moved out this year or next year, so it’s wrong. Been engaged nearly two years now and still don’t know for sure when we will get married.

So had to deal with a fair amount of shit this year lol. Rant over 🙂

But I did have a great trip to the US in the middle of the year, got to see family, some of whom I hadn’t seen in 3 or 4 years (besides Skype) and others who I hadn’t seen in a decade or more. The trip was very stressful but good to be able to take FI over, he finally got to see the original Disneyland! (In L.A.) And he saw snow for the first time. Plus I missed Disneyland myself, hadn’t been since I was 9, although it has turned me off having kids for a while!

Post # 10
    1137 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@tiff-tiff-tiff:  Not at all!

I am pretty happy but I did hope to be married by now hehe.

Even though things are going very well and I am exited! 🙂

Post # 11
    9226 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2018

@veryberry13:  Sorry to hear that, maybe you will bring in the new year with a new ring on your hand? 🙂 Hopefully 2014 works out better!

Post # 12
    5839 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2010

2013 really sucked!

I lost my job, FIL was hospitalized for 5 days with congestive heart failure and I did 2 rounds of IVF–both unsuccessful. 

Really only 2 good things happened this year (besides getting even closer and stronger with DH)– trip to LA (planned before i lost my job) and due to another friend also having a really crappy year, me and 2 girlfriends meet at each other’s house after their kids are asleep every friday for ‘happy hour’ which is mostly guacamole/chips, some sort of sweet treat, maybe wine and lots of talking and laughing. It took our friendship from being ‘Couples friends’ (hubby’s went to HS together) to super close girlfriends.  Best thing coming out of this year is 2 close girlfriend which as a 40-something is not what I was expecting. 

Post # 13
    2076 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

This year sucked. My health failed me yet again causing me to be out of work, being out of work made finances tight, DH’s work jerked him around, my brother died….I could keep going on but it is just much to depressing to see everything that went sideways written in the same place all at once.  We were not the only ones to have a crappy year…at the risk of sounding like Eeyore (from Whinnie the Pooh), this year blew the big one for a lot of our friends and family.

2013 can skip right on out the door and let the door give it a swift smack in the ass on the way out.  Praying 2014 brings better times for us, family, and friends. 

Post # 14
    2562 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@tiff-tiff-tiff:  I’m back!!!!!! Yes, 2013 was more than we hoped for! I dont want to jinx it becasue there is still a month left, but its been a blessing so far!!! I hope you are doing well and congrats on getting your degree!!!

Post # 15
    6964 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2015

@tiff-tiff-tiff:  2013 went almost exactly as I hoped. Got engaged. Had tons of fun with SO. Got closer to my FILs. After 2012 was The Year of Death in my family, I hoped for no funerals. I did have one in Jan for a family member I wasn’t close to and had to miss one for a family friend in Oct but otherwise none! 

Post # 16
    901 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

2013 was a fantastic year for me! I got engaged, I am doing great in school, FI got 2 promotions, and so far everything is going great. 🙂 I can’t really complain.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors