- Sweet Magnolia
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: February 2010
Hey girls! i hope youre enjoying the book! i have to admit i was not excited about it at all, but i really do like it now. So, here’s the update…I couldnt think of many good questions so feel free to answer as you like & ask more discussion questions if you would like! Our next check in will be for the rest of the book. i think it may benefit us to do the checkin on the 27th or 28th so the moderator for next month has time for suggestions & a poll. what do you think?
Also, if anyone is interested on moderating for next month feel free to express that you would like to do so 🙂
1. After reading the prologue, who did you think was murdered? & who did you think was responsible?
2. What do you think of August? Is he mentally ill? or just a crazy circus man?
3. Do you think the wife that the older Jacob mentions is Marlena?
4. Do you think the perspective of the older Jacob is important? Why or why not?
5. Just for fun, what is your favorite circus animal?
1. I initally thought that Uncle Al had been murdered and that the elephant was responsible. But now i kind of think that Marlene kills August. It’s been killing me not to read further into the book!
2. I think August has to have something wrong with him…he’s so bipolar. I don’t know any other way to describe it other than crazy. i mean, he tried to feed jacob to the toothless lion!!
3. I think Jacob marries Marlena. At least i hope that’s how it all works out (:
4.Honestly, i don’t think the older Jacob’s perspective is all that important. I think the story wouldve been just as interesting if it had been told as it was happening instead of as a flashback. I don’t think the older Jacob’s perspective ruins the book or anything, but i dont think its necessarily needed either.
5. i love giraffes, but i dont think ive ever been to a circus where there was a giraffe like in the story. Rosie is my favorite circus animal by far!