Post # 1
…but we don’t know where we want to go! Future Husband and I are interested in the following activities:
– relaxing poolside and/or beachside on a (possibly all-inclusive?) resort
– leaving said resort to go biking, horseback riding, possibly rafting, possibly hiking
– we aren’t particularly interested in shopping or nightlife.
– we want this to be a fairly selfish vacation, more about enjoying ourselves than about experiencing another culture. however, neither of us would be comfortable living in luxury in an impoverished area (for ethical reasons, not safety concerns, although i suppose we shouldn’t write that off either).
– we don’t want to have to take a super long plane ride. i’m thinking no more than 9 hours from D.C.
Any suggestions??? Thanks guys!
Post # 3
Um, and duh me, this is about our honeymoon. I forgot to mention that part!
Post # 4
Sounds like Costa Rica might be a good fit for you. There are a lot of nice resorts springing up there from which you can take day trips for your hiking, rafting, etc.
Post # 5
- Wedding: January 2010 - Mr. P's GrandparentsÃ¢Â€Â™ Ranch
You are way closer than I am I’ve seen pictures of amazing places in Venezuela and Cuba, that’s where I would love to go but we can’t really travel outside the country until my papers are done after the wedding.
Idk if that’s a too long plane ride tho 🙂
Post # 6
Cuba, Mexico, Grand Cayman… I’m not sure how far they are from DC but I’m in Canada, and they’re only about 5ish hours from here at most.
Post # 7
Mexico (especially the Rivera), the Bahamas, Aruba, Cuba, etc…they’re not too far, and they all have all-inclusive resorts where you should be able to get in some adventure as well as some relaxation!
Post # 8
I"m going to send a HUGE shout out to Sunset at The Palms in Negril, Jamaica. It’s a really small resort (~60 rooms?), but it’s also an all-inclusive… We LOVED it… our schedule was: bed, breakfast, pool, beach, bar, beach, pool, bar, dinner, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. 😀 The rooms were ‘treehouse-style’ up on stilts, set back into the palms.
I can’t wait to go back!
Post # 9
Puerto Rico? I’ve heard its amazing for all those things!!
Maui was fantastic — its about 6 hour plane ride from DC
Post # 10
I am interested in this place. all inclusive? honeymoon suites? tell me more!
Post # 11
HI Sulli! We’d go back in a heartbeat…
All Inclusive covered ALL of your meals and ALL of your drinks for the time you’re there (inc. the bar). It also covers tips, so you don’t have to. Some people do tip for exceptional service though…
Each of the rooms is in a set of two in a ‘treehouse’ so they have a connecting (outdoor) hallway. We never saw our neighbors. Each room also has a balcony with table and chairs and day bed. The beds are kingsize and there is a shower with 6 shower heads.
Here’s my pictures, let me know if you have more questions!
Ignore the goofy pictures of my hubby and I and focus on the beauty of SATP! 😉
Post # 12
belize! we looked into it but decided on mexico bc of cost…but i’m still dying to go to belize some day!