(Closed) We live 1200 miles from our shower location..ideas?

posted 7 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

A friend of mine had a similar problem. They live out of the country and were coming back for the shower and wedding. I don’t have the invite anymore and I can’t remember exactly what it said but on the invite her sister who was the MOH wrote a really quirky little poem saying something like, gifts are always nice but not necessary, we hope you can make it, please no large gifts or they might break it, If you want to bring rocks make sure there smaller than a bread-box…it was seriously cute and I did a horrible job explaing but it got the point across. Also the family did a really great job getting the word out that small gifts only would be appreciated so everyone knew. It was funny at the shower someone brought in a GIANT box, it was seriously like 5 feet tall, and everyone was talking about how that person didnt listen to the instructions but then when the bride started opening it, it was just a ton of boxes wrapped up in a big box and she had to keep opening until she got to the last tissue paper part and it was money 🙂 

Post # 4
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am from TN,but I currently live in MD.    My friends from TN threw me a huge bridal shower with all of my friends from down there.   When they sent out the invitations, they put on the invite “Gift cards Preferred due to travel arrangements.”    Most people either got GC’s for the places we registered, shipped the item to our home for us, or just gave $$.   There were the few that felt that it was needed to give me that 35 pc set of Corningware.   I just had a friend FED EX them to me and I paid for the shipping.

The topic ‘We live 1200 miles from our shower location..ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors