Post # 1
I am doing a little research, what have you done with your wedding dress after the wedding (can be more than 1 of the following options)?
1) Sold it
2) donated it to charity
3) just packed it away straight after wedding (There could still be confetti in it)
4) got it dry cleaned and boxed for nostalgia and possible used for daughter
5) dyed it or cut it to wear again
6) left it in the loft and moved house
7) Made it into a christening gown for your children
8) Burned/destroyed it for closure
9) Given it to a friend/relative to wear
10) Its hanging in the wardrobe as you bought a versatile dress that you could wear to any event
11) Done a rock the frock shoot then stored it
I am working up the courage to actually cut/alter my dress up next week to wear again as a party dress and wondered if anyone else did the same
Post # 3
Where’s the option that it’s hanging in the guest room closet catching dust? 😛 LOL. I honestly haven’t done anything with it.
Post # 4
Not married yet but my mom altered my prom dress for me into a short cocktail dress and I wore it to a wedding a couple years ago as a guest.
Post # 5
Mine is packed up, hasn’t been cleaned yet and I will probably keep avoiding taking it to the dry-cleaners because I’m lazy. Ha! No, I really will (at some point) have it cleaned, boxed and preserved in the hopes that my daughter (that I don’t have yet) will re-purpose it once she’s of marriageable age. I’m not so vain as to think she will want to actually WEAR it, but perhaps she’ll do something with it. 🙂
Post # 6
Had it drycleaned and boxed, for future whatever.
Post # 7
@MrsElliot: I’m keeping it intact for now because I have a third reception coming up in a year’s time and I have to wear it. After that, I will probably shorten it and turn it into a cocktail dress.