(Closed) Wedding & Rehearsal Dinner Invites–same style?

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 4
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If you send them together, then I would say maybe.  Otherwise, I don’t think it matters

Post # 5
7175 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I’d actually do them different – but just because I think variety is fun!  In the big scheme of things – it doesn’t matter.  I’d have the RD invites reflect the tone of the RD itself (and not the wedding).

Post # 6
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

I think it depends. If they’re both casual or both formal, they could be the same, but I wouldn’t send a formal invite to an informal RD just to match.

Post # 7
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I did mine completely opposite! I loved our invites but I wanted to do something really funky and graphic and my family was not on board, LOL! So I went crazy for the rehearsal invite to get it out of my system.

Wedding invite (it was 5 pages, so here’s just the first and main pages):

Rehearsal invite

Post # 8
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We did different ones since we were hosting the dinner for our son and soon to be daughter in law and they did the wedding invites.. we showed them what we liked and they loved it.. a bit whimisical.. here are the ones we did: http://www.celebrationideasonline.com/rehearsal-dinner-invitations.html  they were perfect as our rehearsal dinner was a casual event.

Post # 9
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

It was important to FMIL that they be the same, so she ordered the rehearsal dinner invites in the same style as my invites.  I would have chosen to go with something different (our RD is going to have a totally different vibe than our wedding reception), but of course it is her deal so I just let it lie.

Post # 10
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I designed our invites and STDs and they are completely different styles. I really worried about them not being cohesive for a while, then I decided that it didn’t matter. What mattered to me was that I (as the designer) liked them and that they represented us as a couple. When it comes time to think about the rehearsal dinner invites, I plan to design something else, maybe in the same theme, but maybe completely different.

Besides, how else can you use all of your inspiration ideas if you don’t do some of it differently?

The topic ‘Wedding & Rehearsal Dinner Invites–same style?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors