(Closed) Wedding band dilemma — need options & opinions please!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What should I do about a wedding band?
    Try to find a plain band that doesn't come up as high or sit flush but still looks...okay : (14 votes)
    78 %
    Find a totally new ring set, don't transfer stones : (0 votes)
    Find a paired setting for the e-ring and wedding band and transfer the stones : (3 votes)
    17 %
    Just find a wedding band and transfer the stones : (0 votes)
    Other (post) : (1 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    13101 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I’d try and find a wedding band that will fit with it first.  From your pictures, it looks like there is enough sapce that some bands would be able to sit up against your e-ring.  Not all of them will, certainly, but I’d bet if you went searching you could find some that would!

Post # 4
    1752 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

You know, I was looking at wedding sets on amazon, and sometimes they have ones that jog around some of the three stone ones.. not an arc around, but are actually offest at the square stone.. try looking there!

Post # 5
    11327 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

would having a small gap be a big deal? Lots of ladies love and rock the gap! Also, have you actually spoken to a jeweler about custom making a thin wedding band to fit? I find it really really really surprising it would cost 1-2k to make a plain gold band to match.

Post # 8
    13101 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

@Statutory Grape: I don’t think it would look weird but I guess you’d have to try some with it to see for sure.  Maybe you can stop by a jeweler and get some pictures of your e-ring next to some different bands that we could see?

Post # 9
    1184 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

My setting has a twisted band so only a twisted band wedding band would sit flush against it….but I really want a plain unadorned band. I need one for our Jewish ceremony anyways (you’re supposed to have an unbroken circle for your band in Jewish tradition) and I like the symbolism of it. I’m pretty sure I’m just going to rock the gap–I’ve tried on a few friends’ bands and I don’t mind it, I actually like it. But if you’re against the gap, try looking at “notched” wedding bands, they would probably fit well against your band. Also look around for better quotes on a custom-made band….I inquired and was quoted less that that at a jeweler in NYC, where prices are generally higher than other parts of the country. And if you happen to have any old gold jewelry around that you don’t wear anymore, most jewelers will melt that down for you to make the ring and deduct the cost of the metal from your total band cost.

Post # 9
    4510 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

What do you WANT to do? Is it important to you to have 2 rings–an e-ring and a band? And do you love your e-ring setting and want to keep it intact, or do you just care about preserving the stones?

Personally, I’d try to find a plain band that works with the ring, but that’s my style. My e-ring is kind of similar to yours, at least in that the stones are set high. I was able to find a band that works on iweddingband.com. It doesn’t sit exactly flush with the e-ring, but it looks great and gives me that classic 2-ring thing…

Post # 11
    1184 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@Mrs.KMM: I agree, take pictures with some plain bands next to your e-ring. It might not even bother you as much as you think it will. I thought I’d have a huge gap with a plain band but honestly it’s not that noticeable.

Post # 12
    4510 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Yeah, in that case I’d keep looking for either a low wedding band that’d work or set the stones in a new e-ring/wedding band set before resorting to coughing up the 1-2k+ for the handmade band. I think you should be able to find something beautiful without spending that much! Good luck! 

Post # 13
    13101 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

Just to give you some idea of the look of some different notched wedding bands that could fit around the “jutting out” square.  Maybe you could try something like this with it?  (and I’m sure you could get this same shape in a plain band if that is your preference).

.25CT 14K White Gold Round Brilliant Cut Curved Notched ...  Art Deco Filigree Scrolls Engraved Contoured Wedding Band in Platinum  14k White Gold Channel 1/2 Carat Diamond Wedding Ring 5  14k White Gold Princess 1/2 Carat Diamond Wedding Ring 5

Post # 15
    965 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

i had the same problem, and i had a woman give me amazing advice in a jewelry store. i was looking at rings and nothing was working with e-ring and she asked me how long i’d been looking. when i told her i’d been looking for months and had been in no less than 10 stored and shopping online, she said to stop worrying about fitting my very unique engagement ring if you can’t find something that add to the beauty of the engagement ring, don’t try. You will end up getting a wedding band JUST because it fits the e ring and in the end you will be unhappy with the choice. So I decided to get the wedding ring I REALLY wanted, wheter it fit or not. And now I have a gorgeous ring for each hand.

The topic ‘Wedding band dilemma — need options & opinions please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors