Wedding Budget $10,000.00 or less

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 3
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

@Kissme0408:  good luck. We have discussed our budget, and are aiming for about $10,000 too, so I will follow to see what suggestions you get. My biggest issue is I think we will be inviting around 120 or more, which bumps up food costs a bit!

Post # 4
1286 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Kissme0408:  I had a 150 guest wedding for $9200. This included the ceremony, reception, drinks were beer wine soda and a signature cocktail, limo rides to pick up both bridal parties from a hotel room, limo back to the hotel after, cake, dj, photobooth, maitre d, event planner, photographer with over 1000 pics and cd, videographer, centerpieces, food, a portion of the flowers (I had to order some more because I had a huge wedding party). I had a 1:00 Sat afternoon ceremony which wasnt ideal but it was where we were able to save over $5k. Food was appetizer type platters and a pasta salad bread. Nobody conplained that I know of and as far as I know everyone had a great time including DH and I. It can be done u just have to figure out what is nost inportant and where u can cut expenses. I still got the wedding of my dreams was just a little earlier in the day and no open bar cause it wasnt necessary that early in the day. This was also in Las Vegas. 

Post # 5
1103 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We are doing 100 people for 11,000 so it’s not impossible!!!  Food/venue etc is 6,000; photographer is $1,800.  

Post # 6
1104 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We are budgeting for about $10k with 175 people which sounds crazy and certainly feels crazy at times!

So far, in order to meet our budget, it’s required some extra work, flexibility, and creativity. 

We started by creating a rough list of things that were important to each of us. We agreed upon photography being the most important so that’s been our biggest splurge. Due to that choice, we’ve had to cut back other places. We compromised on a venue that is a little farther out than we’d like, but one that lets us do our own food and drinks.

Some things we did that required extra work and/or creativity: we hired staff independently instead of using through our caterer as they were about half the cost, we are borrowing friend’s professional music equipment and creating our own playlist so no DJ, flowers at wholesaler, buying alcohol ourselves, etc. 

It’s doable, but it takes time and work! So long as you can adjust your vision, it’s possible! Good luck!

Post # 7
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

guest count 75

Venue/food- 6000$

Cake – 400$

Photographer – 400$

DJ – 400$

centerpieces/flowers (diy) – 150$

Post # 11
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Kissme0408:  yes ma’am!! $400 🙂 ..no videographer though

Post # 13
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

@Kissme0408:  I loved the parks in Philly.  

You sound like you have found a good deal for your catering. Even with servers and tips that’s pretty good.

so you have to find a venue that allows outside catering Without costing too much?

that seems to be the hardest thing here. 

Post # 15
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Our 50 person wedding is about 10K.  You will need to do without or be accepting of lower quality things but it can be done.   We started with a 5-7K budget but we’ve started to add the fanicier things like a harpest for the ceremony and a videographer we had previously decided to skip as our 2 year engagements starts to wrap up.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors