(Closed) wedding colors: black & gold. which tablecloths?

posted 7 years ago in Themes
  • poll: which looks better?
    champagne : (12 votes)
    67 %
    gold : (6 votes)
    33 %
  • Post # 3
    1498 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I’d be worried the gold would look too yellow in pictures. I think the champagne is a much prettier color. And since it is still a metallic, it should look nice with your color scheme. What other items will be gold?

Post # 5
    3525 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

I think the gold is a little too Liberace. 😉 The champagne, however, is gorgeous.

Post # 7
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Would you feel comfortable reversing your ideas and doing black tableclothes with gold linens , centerpieces and other details?  I agree with you, the champagne does have brown undertones.

ETA: I think the gold is the better “accessory” color.  It will POP with more black detail instead of washing out if gold is the primary color.  Since your girls/guys are already wearing so much gold, you don’t want them to match the tables???  I think that beautiful gold color would look great if your primary color is black.  Love the inspiration with the touch of blue, too. : )  Good luck!

Post # 8
    7771 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I like the gold gold ones, but ideally black.

Post # 10
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

Gold is one of our colors, too :). It’s so pretty, but super hard to work with. I would definitely stick with the champagne. If you do gold tablecloths, you won’t be able to put much gold at all in your centerpieces. I think once you put a black and gold centerpiece on top of the champagne tablecloth, you’ll find that the lighter color will complement the gold. Good luck!

Post # 12
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@cherrycoke: Gotcha, thought I had read the girls dresses are gold… but only their shoes are.  I think the colors are beautiful together.  Best of luck to ya!

The topic ‘wedding colors: black & gold. which tablecloths?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors