(Closed) Wedding date 11-11-2011

posted 8 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
5389 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Hi! Welcome to Weddingbee! That is such a cool date. My date is 1-1-11, NYD.

Post # 4
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Congratulations!!!

And welcome to the bee πŸ™‚

We are getting married 3-31-11.

Post # 5
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

If I thought I could wait that long, that would be a cool wedding date (We’ve already been engaged a year and will have been engaged 26 months when we finally get married!). Our date is 6/11/2011, so kinda cool with the 11s!

Post # 7
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Ha o you have no idea!! I love this site and have a slight problem with being addicted πŸ˜‰ Yea, 26 or 21 months is definitely long, especially the 1st year but it’s also fun getting to be the bride-to-be for so long. A lot of my gfs have super short engagements and really don’t get to enjoy being engaged and theyve rushed the planning so in that respect, it’s not so bad. Would I rather just get married already? Of course! But, it’s still fun πŸ™‚ The 1st year seemed the longest and like it was too soon to really plan, even though I have been. Now that we are about a year out, I’m starting to freak out!

Good luck planning and don’t let anyone tell you it’s too soon to plan! I bought my dress and booked my wedding planner and church within a few months ha!

Post # 9
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hello our wedding date is 11 11 11 and i am sooo excited!!!

Post # 10
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m not the only one! I love repeating dates! My birthday is 9.9.90, which means I turned 9 on 9.9.99 and 19 on 09.09.09 (the last single digit repeating date until 01/01/2101) and my best friend is 10/10. So it only seemed appropriate to get married on the ultimate repeating date! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
5 posts
Newbee

Our runner-up date is 11/11/11. Our first date is 11/5/11. We’re using chocolate and cobalt blue as our colors, with champagne to add a little lightness.

Quite excited to start looking for sites and venues!

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee

I’m an 11.11.11 bride!!!

Long engagement but it will give us time to plan and save! 

Post # 13
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

The 11.11.11 concept is actually kind of new to me (guess I am way out of the loop, lol). I don’t mean to offend anyone–and I think most of you are American, so maybe it’s just different in Canada–but is it normal to get married on Veterans’ Day? I get that it’s fun to have a triple-number wedding date…but in Canada, Nov 11 is Remembrance Day, which is really solemn, and we take a moment of silence to remember our soldiers. Are you 11.11.11 brides incorporating a “veterans” element to your wedding? (Even in a small part.) I understand you also have Memorial Day in May…but I always associate that with picnics, lol…is it also normal to have weddings on Memorial Day? Maybe it’s just a difference in culture or whatever, but i can’t help but be a bit uncomfortable with a Nov 11 wedding.

I really don’t mean to offend; I’m just trying to understand if it’s normal in the US, lol. πŸ™‚

Post # 14
10 posts
Newbee

November 11th is Veteran’s Day in the U.S. but it is also Armistice Day, which marks the end of world war I (the end with both parties agreeing to stop fighting, which I think is a pretty happy occasion) 

We don’t really celebrate it though. I don’t think people even get the day off. Maybe there are some sales at carpet warehouses, but not much else. 

I didn’t know it was big in Canada! 

Post # 15
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@elevencubed: Thanks for the clarification πŸ™‚ Yeah, in Canada we have Remembrance Day, with morning ceremonies (and a moment of silence at 11am to remember those lost in wars). It is considered respectful to wear a poppy pinned to your lapel on Nov 11 (and the week preceeding it, too). The ceremonies are always really somber and pretty emotional. It’s a federal holiday, so most places close/people get a day off (or a long weekend is created in lieu of…depends on what day of the week Nov 11 falls on). I guess the US is just very different in this regard, because before this thread, I had honestly never considered planning my wedding for that day; it just seemed so “off-limits.” Great to learn the US perspective, though.

Post # 16
679 posts
Busy bee

@Catstax Though 11.11.11 will be Veterans’ Day, it’s not as somber/solem as the Canadian Holiday.  Thanks for your perspective!!

Veteran’s Day is a federal holiday in the US and all banks and government offices will be closed.  While there are ceremonies held in rememberance and in honor of veterans, many people also celebrate this day in a joyous way.

My grandfather and my future FI’s father are both US Armed Services veterans.  We believe that having our ceremony on this day will not only be convenient (Friday), but this day will allow us to honor the sacrifices that they made and to unite in love.     

The topic ‘Wedding date 11-11-2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors