Post # 1
i have a dilemma here. My reception room isn’t very dressy. It isn’t decorated with nice lights like chandeliers at all. It looks pretty plain. I need some ideas on decorations that’s also budget conscious! HELP!
Post # 3
what are you going for?
Upscale glam? society perfect? charming?
You could do a lot with plants. Or draped fabric, or paper lanterns
Post # 4
I’m in the same boat, to a degree.
You might want to find out if you’re able to add anything to your locale. Do they allow for things to be tacked, drapped, etc.
You might consider picking up fabric from a local fabric store to maybe do some draping around windows or walls. Maybe white lights (like christmas lights, but with white cords), rent some topairies from a party rental place? Or even look on Craigslist for some items for sale that people tend to get rid of after the holidays.
What are your colors? Wedding theme?
Post # 5
My colors are pink and brown. I am going for the asian-y / cherry blossom theme. yeah, i know it’s not really original, but i liked it none the less.
I really liked pictures of circle lanterns hung up, but it looked good in an outdor set-up in the night sky, so i don’t know if i want to do that any more …
Post # 6
I agree – draping makes a huge difference. You might want to buy your own fabric though. Our florist/decor people quoted us a ridiculous amount just to drape one wall!
Also, maybe you should get some big plants for each corner of the room – something in line with your cherry blossom theme…
Also, uplights with colored gels are good. Lighting makes all the difference. You can get 4 uplights (one for each corner) with light pink gels.
Post # 7
I would do the following:
– Get lights from home depot or a similar place to put up on each corner against the wall
– Make a mixture of high and small centerpieces. This will make your room look more appealing and not boring
– Check out a plant nursery if there is one close by. They may have these plum trees that are currently in full blossom and that look just like cherry blossom trees. They will be flowering until June before they will will have plums. However those are not eatable . You can get a nice decent size for ~ $150 a tree. And the best thing is: after your wedding is over it could be a nice gift for your parent’s to plant in their backyard as a memory of your wedding. You can also add some lights on top or below to create some nice effect. You can also hang some origami cranes on it if you like. Or even wrap some nice small christmas light around the trunk of the tree.
– Drape the bottom of those buckets with nice fabric
– Eventhough your room may not look very dressy don’t use too many colors. Sometimes staying with a two color scheme will make it look alot more elegant.
– I would also consider some spot headlights above the centerpieces if the budget allows
– Also: consider using big tables with 10 people. That will reduce the number of tables and the number of centerpieces.
Hope I was able to give you some ideas!
Have a happy wedding! When is your wedding date?