Wedding Dress Dilemma! Paloma Blanca #3609 or Priscilla of Boston Maeve?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

The second one for sure!

Post # 5
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

#2 love it

Post # 6
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Number 2! Wow. My friend is very small, probably only 5’2. She got married in a dress with a big-ish skirt (actually it was a super princess dress) and oh my goodness, it looked amazing.

Post # 7
904 posts
Busy bee

I love number two. It looks amazing!

Post # 9
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Number 2!

Post # 10
520 posts
Busy bee

I love the second one as well, but I thought POB was no more? Can you still order their dresses somewhere? 

Post # 10
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

#2!!! ♥

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I think the pick ups make you look a bit shorter & overwhelm your frame.  I had the same problem & bought the same Paloma dress as you but found it without pickups.  Your seamstress can take these out so you don’t have to buy another dress.  Good luck!

Post # 12
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

#2!!

Post # 13
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Number 2.

Post # 14
804 posts
Busy bee

You look very lovely in the first dress. Unfortunately Priscilla of Boston is no longer in business. They closed their doors in December. The company to whom they belong decided to focus on David’s Bridal instead. 

Have you looked at Watters? Their Austin dress is a cross between the POB Maeve and your first dress. 

Other similar dresses: http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cfm?pid=52&item_id=12976&rowid=74&page=9

I think that the A-line silhouette would look really good on you, especially this Amsale dress!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors