Wedding dress for under £150?

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1116 posts
Bumble bee

There’s also loads on gumtree and preloved as well and if you find one with a local seller you can usually pop round and try it on because it’s all cash etc unlike ebay

Post # 3
2051 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Siniria:  I don’t have experience with any of those sellers, but I just wondered whether it has to be a traditional wedding dress? I’ve seen gorgeous white cocktail dresses at Karen Millen, Coast etc. before. Might that be a possibility?

Post # 4
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - A Beautiful converted Barn

Siniria:  if your not looking for a ‘traditional’ wedding dress i would look into monsoon, debenhams, john lewis…

though seriously – i would look into this seller on ebay – i cant rate her highly enough – i used her for my BM dresses and i was blown away by the quality!!! i believe she can do any dress she advertises in most colours. (her chiffon swatches show ivory, white, silver and champagne – other colours too but i thought these were the more ‘bridal’ colours) her prices are VERY reasonable and she ships all over the world.

Post # 5
191 posts
Blushing bee

What type of dress are you looking for? If you’re okay with something more like a nice evening gown tehre are loads of options for you.

Post # 7
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

Siniria:  I’d check out Coast, Debenhams and BHS; BHS have a lovely lace strapless dress in the sale (though it’s still over budget at £197.50). Also, Kitty and Dulcie have dresses starting at £100 in the sale, so they’re worth a look. Check out sample sales and outlets, too.

Also have a look at Oxfam bridal; they don’t have much at the moment, but obv their stock changes so it’s worth checking in frequently and seeing what they have.

As far as Chinese companies go, there’s one that’s very recommended on a UK wedding forum called UK Bride; so she might be worth a look (not sure of the details though). I do think it’s a gamble goind down that road though, particularly if your budget is very tight and you wouldn’t be able to afford a replacement should it not work out. I’d say that used dresses are probably a better bet for that reason.

Post # 8
1131 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

So, I’m in the US, I had to calculate conversion to USD to get an idea of your budget, which is about 240 USD. 🙂 Misdress is a seller on Etsy that I seriously considered having do my wedding dress. Her styles are beautiful and unique, and very affordable, like this dress, (150 USD, so about 92 pounds, so you’d have some left over for alterations):

i know other bees have used her with success, just make sure to get you dress in advanced and tell her your deadline is a couple months before it actually is (rush shipping is 20 USD if you need it in less than a month)

I ended up going with having someone reproduce a gown for me, but i really love her work.

Aside from that I would just make sure that if you buy a gown from China that the seller has good reviews (only use Etsy or Ebay, there are lots of Chinese websites with FAKE reviews), and ALWAYS pay with paypal so you are covered if anything happens (try to get your dress made and sent in 3 months as paypal has a 4 month maximum for claims)

Good luck! dont get discpuraged, there are a lot of options, even on your budget. 🙂

Post # 10
233 posts
Helper bee

Siniria:  I’m in Aus and a friend of mine got her dress for $170 AU or US, I can’t actually remember now, from the ebay store below. This price included shipping to Aus, she offered $110 for the dress and got it. The dress arrived really quickly, in exactly the time ebay said it would come. It was a sample so there were a few places where beading needed stitching back on a bit but overall was a fantastic buy. The other positive is they are actually the designers gowns, not replicas. I know you’re not in Aus but I just wanted to point out my friend bought from here from outside the US. Might be a store to keep an eye on, especially the ones you can make offers on. Good luck with your search:

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors