Wedding Dress Help (Lazaro LZ3364)

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee

Hey there! I haven’t seen any real brides in this dress unfortuantely 🙁 

But as a professional bridal consultant, I do have some insight as far as the tulle is concerned. We have quite a few dresses in our store made from a material called “soft tulle” which is what it sounds like. Softer than regular, slightly scratchy tulle. It’s very soft and thin fabric, but I’ve never heard of any bride having an issue, and it’s one of our most sold fabrics. (I’ll attach a pic as an example.)

Also, that dress looks like it has horse hair edges, which help the fabric to stand away from the  body and also act as a sealant vs. having tulle with raw edges which can easily get frayed or snagged. 

Anyways… I don’t think you should be concerned as far as the fabric goes, wedding gowns are meant to look delicate. Find a store that carries Lazaro and call to see if they have this particular style… and go try it on! It’ll look different on everyone. The only way to see if this style works for you is to try it. Hope this helped! Smile

Post # 4
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Gorgeous dress! I wouldn’t worry about ripping/tearing.

Post # 5
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@bridalbee93:  Thank you for posting this!!! After looking at so many dresses online I couldn’t put into words what I like! I like the look of tulle but not the stiffness, so glad to hear that exists with a proper name lol It’ll be so much easier to describe to my bridal consultant 🙂

Post # 6
18 posts
Newbee

@PinkStripes:  

Not a problem. I’m not 100% sure if that specific dress is soft tulle because I haven’t seen it in person. But that is a great fabric to mention to your consultant because again, it is tulle but is a completely different texture and weight. 

I’d also mention that you like the layers to be edged with horsehair, which is that border you see on the skirt. That’s a fairly popular trend right now, so I’m sure they’ll have a few styles to look at with that feature. 

Another great fabric to look into if you like a structured, yet soft look would be organza. 

Another similar style: http://www.jlmcouture.com/Hayley-Paige/Bridal/Fall/2013/Style-6353

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Post # 7
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@bridalbee93:  That is SO helpful thank you very much! I will definitely let you know if I have any other questions 🙂

A2902C sorry for going off topic!

Post # 8
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I have never seen a bride in that particular dress before.  I bought a Tara Keely dress (Lazaro’s budget friendly line) with horse hair edges and I totally LOVE it! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors