Wedding dress shopping in Dallas; 2-3000$ range

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1871 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

ALSWM:  I bought my dress at Lulu’s Bridal Boutique near downtown Dallas. It is a small shop with tons of dresses that all run from $1000-$3000. I found so many that I loved there. I have also heard good things about Mockingbird Bridal.

My advice would be to look through the brial designers and find ones that you like. Once you know which designers you like, you can narrow down the shops that carry them. LuLu’s carries a lot of Allure, Mori Lee, Casablanca, Pronovias, and Maggie Sotterro as does Mockingbird Bridal. If you find the style numbers you like, you can call around and see which shop carries the particular dress.

I did a lot of walking through the shop and looking at the dresses but the stylist also helped point me in the direction of those dresses that would look best on my frame. It wasn’t exactly a Kleinfelds type appointment but at the price range, I dont known if you will find that.

Good luck in your search!! Let me know if you need any more advice for shopping for your dress or just information on Dallas. 🙂

Post # 3
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I found my dress at LuLu’s too.  I loved my experience there!  My attendant was so helpful and personable.  I hate sales pressure and snobbery, which I totally expected in high doses during wedding dress shopping, but there was absolutely none.  Here’s what you can expect there:  

They don’t take appointments, so you may wait 20-30 mins on a busy day.  Come early.  They give you a handful of colored clothespins- maybe 5 or 6- and you take some time to look on your own and clip your clothespins to the hangers of dresses you want to try on.  My sales attendant visited me a few times while I was looking, asked about the types of dresses I was interested in, made a few suggestions, but mostly let me look at my own pace.  Once we got to the dressing room, she was completely hands-on getting me into and out of the dresses, finding accessories, etc.  Then as she learned what I liked and disliked about each dress, she would go out into the salon and bring back more dresses that suited my evolving ideas about what I liked.  (FYI, LuLu’s is moving to a bigger space in the design district in late May/early June- not sure when you’re planning your trip but things might get a bit hectic during the move.) 

I also went to Mockingbird Bridal because it was the only boutique that had a certain dress I wanted to try on.  The experience was very low pressure, but not very personal.  Upon arrival, we were told to shop around and select 10 dresses to try on.  No convenient pinning or flagging system, so we had to actually pull the dresses from the racks and lug them around the salon.  My attendant was friendly but less hands-on, meaning that my mom and I were in the tiny fitting room attempting to get me into and out of all of these huge dresses on our own.  The 10 I picked were the only ones I tried- she did not suggest or bring any to me.   

I had an appointment at Patsy’s, which I ended up cancelling after finding the perfect dress at LuLu’s, but I’ve heard good things about them.  

I’ve been to Warren Barron and the bridal boutique in Neiman Marcus (downtown) with a friend who was the bride.  The girls at WB seemed bored and dismissive, there was a pretty limited selection (WB is also $$$$, not sure if there is anything under 3k?), but the salon was very nice and as the only appointment we had it to ourselves.  My friend the bride already had a dress in mind when we visited NM- she had tried it on before- so while the attendant was very friendly, the appointment was pretty short and to the point.

Nordstrom at NorthPark has a bridal boutique upstairs- The Wedding Suite- it might also be worth your time?  You can look online at the collections, but I remember seeing Hayley Paige, Bliss Monique Lhuillier, Amsale, and Reem Acra just to name a few…          

Good luck with your dress search!  I’m sure you’ll find something beautiful here! 

Post # 4
2047 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I got my dress at a boutique in a suburb of dallas called Blushing Bride.  Its in downtown Frisco.

Or as PPs said LuLus.

Post # 6
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I found my dress at Lulu’s.  Had an absolutely amazing consultant named Elaine & had a ‘Kleinfelds’ type of experience – she really listened and helped me find something that I just couldn’t live without.  The dress I got wasn’t one I picked with a clothespin, but after she listened to everything me & my mom said she went directly to that dress.  She knew it was what I needed!

I also visited Patsy’s & Bridal Boutique of Lewisville.  Both of those had great people and a big selection, but Lulu’s was absolute perfection and I knew that nothing in there would be over my budget.  If you have a designer that you really love, also try to check out when they ave trunk shows – 10% off is always a good think when budgeting!

Post # 7
15 posts

I got mine at pince and panache in burleson. It’s on the Fort Worth side of the DFW area, but was SO worth it. Tons to choose from and the staff is amazing.

Post # 8
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

SouthernProperJust had to chime in and say that Elaine was also my consultant at Lulu’s. She also pulled a gorgeous gown for me that I completely missed when clothes pinning my choices, and it ended up being my dress. Elaine is very seasoned and knowledgeable when it comes to helping brides find their perfect dress. 

ALSWMIn addition to Lulu’s, I would definitely recommend Patsy’s. My consultant (I think her name was Miranda) was so kind, patient and attentive. Even though I was only scheduled for a one hour appointment, we were having so much fun that we lost track of time, and I ended up being there for over 2 hours. I was working within the same budget range as you, and they had plenty of beautiful gowns for me to try on there. 

Post # 9
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Sorry- double post. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors