- 4 years ago
- Wedding: February 2015 - Powel Crosley Estate, Sarasota, FL
Good morning gorgeous Bees!
I have some serious dress confusion that I could use some help with. I found 2 completely different dresses, and I love them both for different reasons. The first is a Maggie Sottero called Divina (very popular dress – you’ve prob all seen it! Ha!) the second is Casablanca Couture style B035.
I LOVE the “wow” factor of Divina – but I love how classy and timeless the Casa dress is. I want to look elegant and classy, but still have the “wow” thing 🙂
I really need some guidance. Do you like one over the other? Or should I try to look for a happy medium between the two?
My Fiance likes dresses that (and I quote) – are “form fitting, and a little fancy at the bottom” 🙂
Some things to consider when looking at both:
1. We are having an outdoor ceremony and reception – indoor dinner – in Florida. We’re looking at late Feburary (2015) right now (average temperature around that time 74-77).
2. Our venue is the Powel Crosley Estate in Sarasota – Mediterranean style estate on the water.
3. Divina (pic below) is a heavy heavy dress – especially when it’s bustled.
4. The Casablanca is very light and easy to wear – I’m a little concerned about wrinkling and seeing sweat (gross!).
5. I will be 31 by the time we get married. I’m afriad the Divina might look “too young” or like I’m trying too hard.
6. The Casablanca dress is less expensive – but I would need to get a separate belt to dress it up a bit.
I included some pictures below. Only a couple of the Divina because I’m figuring we’ve all seen it at some point. The Casablanca desperately needs to be steamed, so I inlcuded a stock picture of the back so you can see how it’s actually supposed to look.
Thank you all in advance for any feedback!
Casablanca Couture (the belt was added on)
Casablanca French Bustle
Casablanca Stock – showing the back (which I LOVE!!)