Post # 1
Alright bees, I’m TOTALLY scared about several things. I’m talking heart beating, head throbbing, asthma attack scared of several things:
1 – NO one shows up!!! how awful would that be!
2 – it’s not fun. What if people came and the wedding just sucked. I want people to dance and enjoy themselves. But I can’t force them to do so. How ever will I combat this???
3 – I fall. Yep. admit it with me (or at least make me feel better) – I am terrified of taking that first step and doing a face plant.
4 – Someone falls in the pool. Our venue has a poolside option. It’s beautiful, but what if someone falls in? How horrible would that be?
5 – My pictures will suck. I am not photogenic. I take 1 good picture for every 500 that I take.
6 – I will put his ring on the wrong hand. I’m an encore bride, and yes, I did this in the first wedding. I guess that was a sign, huh?
I have several others, but I didn’t want to let everyone know how much of a baby I am. But honestly putting them all out there did help a little bit. I should probably make a list and think about what I can do to try and prevent some of these things from happening.
Am I the only one with crazy wedding day fears?
Post # 3
I was afraid that all our pictures would suck (I’m not photogenic at all, either), but they were awesome. Have faith in your photographers! 😉
Post # 4
1. My dress will somehow fall down and I will end up flashing EVERYONE I KNOW!!
2. My eyes will be closed in all the pictures.
3. My daughter will somehow step on my dress and tear it (or maybe she’s the reason it falls down?)
4. That I wrote the wrong date on the invitation and no one shows up!
Post # 5
I’m with you.. falling .. that’s huge. OR it being boring and my brothers leaving early and announcing that they are leaving because IT SUCKS.
there’s many … many more. I haven’t ever seen any real bad things at weddings in person … so i’m sure it’ll be fine.
Post # 6
@HisIrishPrincess: “This wedding sucks! I’m out of here.” Stomp Stomp Stomp.
You poor thing. That would scare me too!
Post # 7
My biggest fear is whether everyone will fit comfortably inside my mom’s house if it rains. I’m TERRIFIED of everyone on the guest list attending, it raining, all of us squished like sardines inside the house, and everyone forever after talking about how awful my wedding was. (We can’t have a tent because of the way their backyard slopes.)
Far below that fear are my two others: that our pictures will suck, and that people will be bored.
Post # 8
@SoontobeMrsA: HEHE those made me laugh…. but they will be added to my list of horrors … flashing the guests … maybe i can tie that into falling .. then flashing … oh and then can i be flashing the priest too?
Post # 9
@HisIrishPrincess: Being topless is my biggest fear in life and I’m not really sure why! I have nightmares that I show up to work/my daughter’s school/the wedding with nothing on above my waist.
Post # 10
My biggest wedding fears:
-It rains, and we don’t get to have the beautiful outdoor wedding I want
-FMIL/FFIL embarass me/us really bad
-Traffic is awful and people don’t make it on time (we’re getting married on a Friday evening, so this is a very real possibility)
-I fall. I’m going to practice a LOT wearing my 4″ heels so that this doesn’t happen!
Post # 11
Farmer’s Almanac says it’s going to. Heh.
Post # 12
I had a super-realistic dream the other night about everything wedding-related that I’m afraid of happening. Some of them were really stupid, so I won’t include them, lol.
- We just forget to book an officiant, so there’s no one to marry us.
- Our photographer shows up late, so we don’t get any good photos (we’re going to do a first-look).
- I get sick (like, stomach ejecting contents sick), at the aisle, which is really possible because I have a very weak stomach that’s only made worse by nerves.
- We trip all over each other on the first dance and people laugh at us.
- Someone says something horribly inappropriate during the toasts
- Falling out of my dress
Some of these still aren’t quite rational, but I’m still scared of them!
Post # 13
Fi’s biggest wedding fear is me getting drunk at the reception lol. By my second glass of wine, I tend to be running around hugging everyone. And I knock things over (hello red wine on my white dress!).
Post # 14
1. That I’ll look terrible in all the photographs. Or that my photographers won’t make it.
2. That I’ll gain a hideous amount of weight between now and then and not fit into my dress.
3. That it will be really really really hot and our clear top tent will turn into a greenhouse.
4. That the police will make us turn off the music at like 9pm.
Post # 15
1. My videographer wont show up
2. I wont have any of my Bridesmaids follow through with ordering their dresses
3. My dad wont really pay off my dress or wedding venue
4. My cake will suck
5. We wont have a DJ
6. FI’s brother will tell everyone how much the family doesnt like me in his BM speech.
Post # 16
I have a few fears about the wedding, they include but are not limited to:
1. A certain person finds out and shows up
2. can’t find THE dress on time
3. Bad pictures
4. Out of state family cannot make it
5. Something happens to the cake (very common problem with my family for some reason)