(Closed) Wedding Hair & Makeup in Philadelphia

posted 10 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 3
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012 - Our backyard!

I’m using Jason Matthew Salon…they are super nice there and willing to come to your venue if you don’t want to rush your girls out to the salon on the day of.  Their website is undergoing some construction, but it’s http://www.jasonmatthew.com/index.html

Bridesmaids are $85, the bride’s hair is $150 and makeup for the bride is $125. 

I haven’t heard of those companies you listed but I hope you find somewhere you’re happy with ๐Ÿ™‚  Good luck!!

Post # 4
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018 - The Desmond Hotel in Malvern, PA

I contacted Claudia Seyler and she does STUNNING work, but her prices were a bit high for me:

bride hair and makeup 250
bridesmaids 175
trial 150
travel fee based on location

I couldn’t see spending $400 on myself including my trial, and asking my ‘maids to spend that much on themselves (I’m not requiring they get anything done, but a few want both hair and makeup). 

For makeup I’m going with Emily from Cheekadee — very sweet, completely listens to what you want, and has a great portfolio (I wrote a post about her a few weeks ago).   I don’t have her prices off-hand but they were very reasonable and the trial was inexpensive.

For hair I’m going with Natalie Pagano — [email protected] . $150 total for trial and day-of.  $50-$60 for bridesmaids.  She is fabulous.

Both Emily and Natalie will come to my hotel on the day of the wedding.

Good luck! 

Post # 5
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I got quotes from Bella Angel, and they were also pretty high. I’ve heard great things about Cheekadee though.

Post # 7
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2007 - Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts

I had Calista Brides, she’ll come to your location and her prices were pretty reasonable. One thing is that she’s kind of difficult to get a hold of sometimes and you’ll need to book early with her.

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee

hi,gals, thanks for the information. I guess I am a little too late to for my hair and makeup. I just found that a lot of popular stylists were already booked for my wedding date.  Have you heard of Karen or Aida Davis? I had my trial with Karen who lives close by Franklin Mills. I don’t know her last name. It went ok. I liked the hairdo but not makeup much. That’s why i am thinking to try a different one. I also think of a hair salon, Giovnni & Pileggi. Their price is 100 for hair 100 for makeup which is ok. But the trial fee is as same as the day of. That’s kinda ridiculous, isn’t it. I will try to post my trial pictures to ask for your opinions also.

Post # 9
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

yirisant–

Did you try contacting Calista Brides? She was booked for my date when I contacted her, but she was nice enough to give me a few referrals for other hair and makeup stylists.

Post # 10
6 posts
Newbee

Thanks, Caroline. I did contact Calista, but she was also booked for my wedding day. She is so popular. And she didn’t give me referrals. Karen i mentioned was referred by some other popular stylist. I tried both Karen and Aida. after the comparison, I think Karen did a fairly good job. I think i am going to go with her.

Post # 11
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Claudia Seyler is extremely unprofessional. High prices and no contact. Will cancel on you last minute if she is offered a more lucrative event and not even bother to tell you.

Post # 12
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@Mrs. Cupcake: Thank you for the Cheekadee recommendation!! I still can’t decide if I should have DIY makeup or hire a professional. If I choose the latter, I will go with Cheekadee. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m using Ashley Leoncini. I looked into the makeup artists you listed above (Cheeakdee, etc.) and was impressed with their work but their prices were just too high. I just had my trial with Ashley and she’s absolutley great. Very sweet to work with, super talented, and really affordable. Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 14
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Look into Jill’s Up Your Do.  She is incredible.  She has been doing my hair (at her home salon) for about four years now and she also has a wedding business.  She is extremely talented and professional.  We are setting our wedding date around when she is available because I wouldn’t have it any other way!  PM me if you need any further information – she just sent me a quote last week ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Wedding Hair & Makeup in Philadelphia’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors