(Closed) Wedding in Mexico for under $1000??

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

There are tons of places that do complimentary wedding moons.

Post # 5
25 posts

I have been to Mexico (Cancun) and there are some things to consider:

-the water

-The resorts and tourist areas are beautiful, but keep in mind the rest of it is poverty stricken and not safe

-all inclusive packages are so win

-Don’t bring anything super super expensive…just don’t

We stayed at the top resort in Cancun, very well known and expensive..but..

Be extremely careful of not eating foods mixed with/ or drinking their natural water. It’s like poison to non-natives. Everyone on the trip with me caught “montezuma’s revenge” despite being super careful. It’s the worst. Especially with one bathroom. We all were in bed for the last 3 days of the trip. Then again, this was maybe 15 years ago. Maybe the government has since overhauled the system..but I doubt it

Also, watch your back and your belongings. I was pickpocketed at the atm, came into my hotel room to see the maids going through my jewelry box and then quickly shutting it when we came in, and the people at the airport insisted we couldn’t fly out unless we paid them $300 cash. This was further investigated after we got home, and it turns out that was an illegal practice..done by the very people who worked at the airport..

I recommend Montego Bay, Jamaica if you want to do a destination. The vibe is so mellow and the beaches are so beautiful. And you won’t get sick from water 😉

Post # 6
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Check out the RIU Resorts – they have 3 different types of wedding packages, the cheapest starts around $350-$400!

Post # 7
3142 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve never experienced anything shady whatsoever in Mexico.  The property off the resorts in and around Cancun/MR are not poverty sticken at all. They have brandnew highways and signs.  Very easy to get around.  I never felt threaten, even at night once when I cabbed back to my resort by myself.

You can’t drink the water though, no.

But including your stay at any of the resorts, you won’t get anything for a $1000.00.  Not even in the summer months.

Post # 8
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Riddles00:  I’d have to say that things have changed dramatically in Cancun since you’ve been there last.

@Kings7911:  Are you looking to spend $1000 on everything? Wedding ceremony, your flights, hotel, food, etc?  If so, I would think you could do it if you are ok with staying just a 1 night..maybe 2.  I don’t really see how it could be done for any longer than that.

The topic ‘Wedding in Mexico for under $1000??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors