(Closed) Wedding in Nov. 2011 – too early to look for a church?

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Whoa Nelly, you are definitely not behind and I would actually encourage you to find and book something ASAP! I would suggest calling the church back and making an appt for as soon as both schedules allow because you want to have your options open and be able to book your date. Ha you are definitely right!

Post # 4
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I agree!! I would get on that…churches book up really quick!

Post # 5
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I don’t think you are planning too early.  However, with that said, I had trouble with some of the bigger churches in downtown Houston.  They could not guarantee I’d have my wedding date until 4 months out.  If a member of the church did not reserve the church for that date/time by that time, then and only then would they guarantee the date.  I ended up finding a church that let me reserve at anytime whether I was a member or not.  It turned out to be better when considering all of the other policies, there were less restrictions.

Post # 7
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I was going to say that you should have booked sooner! I booked at a year out even though I’m a MEMBER of the church.

Post # 8
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Go for it! Get yourself booked pronto, and good luck to you. 🙂

Post # 9
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I’m getting married in October and had my church booked by November the year before b/c the weekends fill up so quick. I would press the priests a bit more and insist on getting on the books! Good luck!

The topic ‘Wedding in Nov. 2011 – too early to look for a church?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors