(Closed) wedding in nov 2013 but I have my dress! is that ok??

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think you’re fine, but if I may offer advice- STOP LOOKING AT OTHER DRESSES NOW.  You will invariably fall in love with something else, your original dress will come in and need alterations, and you’ll be on here posting about your dress regret and we’ll all be telling you you’re nuts πŸ™‚

Post # 3
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I bought my dress almost 2 years in advance.  When I found THE one, I got it.  Just make sure you don’t gain any weight!

Post # 5
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I bought my dress in October and my wedding is Sept 2013.  I loved it and didn’t see the point of torturing myself looking for others.  Congrats!

Post # 6
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Im NOV 2013 and also have my dress! Im not getting it altered yet, but I paid for the whole thing up front and am just waiting on the alterations

Post # 7
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

My wedding is in August 2013, and I have had my dress for quite sometime now, I went out just looking around for fun, then I found THE ONE, and I bought it! The only suggestion I have is, stop looking at other dresses!

Post # 9
1925 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Just stop looking and know you’ll probably invariably experience some kind of dress regret.  I know I’m going to have dress regret until I see my dress fitted on me perfectly!  I bought my dress in December 2011 and I’m getting married May 2013, so a similar time.  I love my dress, but I’m questioning if I made the right decision.  At this point, I know I realllly like my dress and it was only $200 so I’m going to wear it.  πŸ™‚

Post # 10
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I agree with the other ladies!  I think having a dress is great, but wait to have it altered until the wedding date gets closer!

Post # 11
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I just bought my dress today so no! lol

My date is set for November 9, 2013. I agree with staying away from dress threads and to stop looking though – dress regret is the last thing I want!

Congrats on finding a dress!

Post # 13
1098 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I just bought my dress this week but my wedding isn’t until December 2013. I had it picked out for months prior to the proposal and didn’t see the point in waiting to order it. I figure now I can focus my money and attention on finding accessories and undergarments.

Post # 14
356 posts
Helper bee

Congratulations!! I am an Oct 2013 bride and have the deposit down on mine as well. If you love it, its the one! Doesnt matter how long until the wedding πŸ™‚ And theres the bonus of one major wedding decision being out of the way!

The topic ‘wedding in nov 2013 but I have my dress! is that ok??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors