Post # 1
- Wedding: June 2014 - Twin Oaks Garden House
OMG OMG OMG my wedding is in 10 days!!! ive been engaged for 2 years and my FI and I have been together for almost 10 years. This day seemed like it would never come and its NEXT WEEK! I have a couple little things I need help with. just opinions. I feel like Ive been hounding my girls so ill give them a break.
1. Do you think I need decoration for the aisle. I can use shepherd hooks if I want but then I have to buy stuff to put flowers in. Any cheap ideas or thoughts?? Or do you think it looks great as is??? I will have two long flower boxes next to the gazebo but to give a little more color. but other then that I wasn’t going to really decorate it.
2. Did you come up with a speech off the top of your head or are you writing one out? I need to do one for rehearsal dinner too.
3. Recessional song!!!! omg picking songs are the hardest! and right now the recessional song is the ONLY one I haven’t figured out. any suggestions. not really traditional more up beat.
4. Ceremony length. I timed it including people walking down. Gave a little fluff in case people walk slower, I start to laugh (I laugh when im nervous), take time to get the rings, etc. and it clocks in around 10 mins!!!! I didn’t want to do a unity ceremony and we are doing basic vows. is that too short?? I might have everyone walk down separate and that will fill in a couple extra mins. I just wonder if that is toooo short. Not a religious ceremony.
That’s all I can think of at the moment. Ill add more if I can think of more stuff.
Post # 2
1) I think the aisle is beautiful by itself but it depends on the feel of your wedding.
2) We didn’t do speeches at the wedding. My husband did one at the rehearsal dinner that was extemporaneous because one of his groomsman got engaged the week before. He’s a good public speaker, though.
3) We used Stuck On You by Meiko, it’s cute. May be worth a listen.
4) 10 minutes seems like an alright length. We had 3 non-religious readings, exchanging of the rings, and we each wrote a page of vows. I think our ceremony was 20ish minutes with the walking. If a 10 minute ceremony is what you and the hubs want – do it.
Post # 3
I think a few flowers lining the aisle would look really nice. I don’t think you have to go crazy maybe just like 3 boxes of flowers on each side??
Our song was Bruno Mars Marry You
We did a quick thank you speech after our cake cutting. Just a thanks for coming, it’s everything we dreamed of bla bla bla bla!
Post # 4
congrats. so exciting. don’t take anything to seriously and go with the flow. things are bound to happen that are out of your control.
1. i like as is. i am more of a minimalist. the let the setting speak for itself.
2. i didn’t give a speech. DH spoke at the rehearsal dinner to thank everyone for coming. since his family hosted. then our bridesmaids and groomsmen gave speeches. at the wedding only my mom, who was hosting, the best man and maid of honor gave speeches
3. our ceremony was all beatles music.
4. our ceremony was about 30 minutes including processional and recessional. we had everyone walk in separately and out in pairs.
Post # 5
1. I like as is; the petals the flower girl throws will look beautiful on such a simple aisle
2. If you choose to give a “thank you” speech, keep it short and sweet. MY FI will just be thanking everyone for traveling to our wedding and let him know how much everyone’s love and support means. 30 seconds – easy.
3. Ours is “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles. Other fun recessional songs we considered were Happy Together and “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”
4. Are you having any readings? You could add a couple, perhaps a poem or quote from literature to fill some time. If you know your officiant, he/she could open with a story personal to you and your FI as a couple. Don’t sweat it too much, though, many guests appreciate a quick ceremony.
Enjoy your big day – congratulations!
Post # 6
You sound just like me this morning at my pre-wedding trim hair appointment lol My wedding is in about 2 weeks and my FI and I have been together approx 10 yrs. I was going on and on to my hairstylist about wedding stuff. I said to my FI this morning -” I have so much to do” and he says “Like what?” He’s a great guy but has no idea about the organizing that goes into a wedding.
To answer your questions:
- I like the aisle the way it is. It’s such a beautiful spot I don’t think you need a lot of “stuff”. I love the simplicity in the way it looks now.
- I would write a speech or at least make notes. My hairstylist was telling me that at his wedding he tried to “wing it” with the speech but he was so nervous he forgot a lot of people he wanted to thank. So, he ended having to go back up to the microphone again later. Even if you don’t think you won’t be nervous I think you need to consider the possibility. Nobody wants someone to get hurt because you forgot to thank them at your wedding.
- Songs.. can’t help you on that. Were not going to have music in the ceremony.
- I think 10 mins is fine for the ceremony. Mine wil be about that as well. I think that sometimes a well planned, shorter, meaningful ceremony is better than one poorly orgainzed and longer.
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2014 - Twin Oaks Garden House
Oh my gosh you guys are all amazing!! Thank you so much for the help!
Soon2BeMrsCee: Lily_of_the_valley: springbride23: ajillity81: