23636 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Big hugs to you! 🙁

Post # 4
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I am sorry hun.  It’s a very good thing you two weren’t hurt!

What type of wedding would you like to have?

Post # 5
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

🙁 I’m so sorry!

could you guys elope down at the courthouse and in 2015 have your “dream” wedding?

Post # 7
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@nicolettemarie93:  You could always have a civil ceremony and renew your vows at your wedding in 2015.  Just something to think about.

Post # 8
3830 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

So sorry hun! Dont blame yourself. Clearly you never meant to get in an accident!!

If i were you, i would have a very small intimate ceremony, just a civil one and like a bbq afterward this year. And then when you have the funds do a vow renewal. I could never wait that long to get married!!

Good luck. 

Post # 9
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

it sounds like you are in a difficult life situation right now, financially and emotionally. I’m guessing from the wages that you are both young, and in entry-level positions, so maybe it is better to wait on things, see where life takes you both.

If you decide to postpone so far in advance, save your sanity and STOP PLANNING. seriously. You’ll drive yourself insane (and your Boyfriend or Best Friend too)

it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world! if you guys are still happy and strong and in love in a few years you’ll be even more sure that you want to get married, and hopefully your work situations will have improved so you can afford the wedding without much debt.

and you can’t blame yourself for the accident. You wanted to go to the concert, why not? Fate had other plans. It sucks, but learn what you need to from the experience, and if it’s patience… then so be it.

Post # 10
4 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013

I agree with swizzle.  If you are sure you want to marry, plan a simple ceremony and a BBQ to celebrate for next summer (or just do the ceremony).  Then when you have more money saved, do a big party & your dream wedding for a one year vow renewal.    If you wait til 2015, in my opinion, the wedding will become a sore topic and it will be hard on your relationship.  Better to marry and be livin’ on love, planning your dream receptionf for 2014 ir 2015  to celebrate the renewal of vows.

The topic ‘wedding moved to 2015.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors