(Closed) Wedding passages & readings

posted 10 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2007

We really haven’t chosen any.  If something grabs us between now and then, we may add it – but if not, it’s not really a big deal to us.  We’re having a traditional "do you take, do you take – I do I do kiss kiss all done" type of wedding.  Don’t get me wrong, it will be meaningful – but I’ve been to weddings with tons of readings and it’s difficult to sit through all that.  Since there will be tons of kids and older people there, we’re trying to simplify our ceremony and still keep it meaningful and romantic – just not an hour long.

If you really want readings, some people use excerpts from books/poems, like The Giving Tree, or The Owl and the Pussycat.  Do a google search for wedding readings and it should return a ton.  HTH.

Post # 4
267 posts
Helper bee

I just went through a bunch of suggestion databases (there’s a good thread on IndieBride about readings) and picked a few out. I like "A History of Love" by Diane Ackerman– if read with humor it can be fun as well as serious.

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2007

My husband and I used an excerpt out of Dr. Suess’s "Oh the Places You’ll Go…" It was light hearted and now the book has a very special meaning to us!

The topic ‘Wedding passages & readings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors