(Closed) Wedding Planner on 10,000 budget

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Maybe you could hire just a day of coordinator, although they can be expensive as well. Do you have a friend or distant family member you could ask? I’m asking my SIL’s mother to be mine and she’s really excited about it.

Post # 5
2282 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I know there are coodinators who work on budgets that size. I didn’t use a general coodinator, and sometims wished I could have, but I did have a day-of-coordinator, which made my life much easier.

Post # 7
2282 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@jbeath1:  Not that I know of. They’re really there to execute the plan/design that’s already been decided. Mine came by the house, picked up all the decor stuff and flowers, took it all to the venue, and set it up. She coordinated with the DJ and baker to make sure everything of theirs went where it was supposed to. I arrived after doing pictures and it was all done. It was great.

She tapped me on the shoulder when it was time to do things (cut the cake, etc) so I didn’t have to wear a watch. At the end of the night she boxed everything up, collected the gifts and put them in her truck, and then brought it all to us the next day. She really was day-of. We met once in advance to go over her instructions (she’s someone I know, though, and we already communicate well, so that’s all we needed).

If you want help designing your decor, you might want to work with someone who does more. But wedding coordinators aren’t all-or-nothing. I’m sure you can find someone who’ll work with you on how much you need, and work out rates accordingly.

The topic ‘Wedding Planner on 10,000 budget’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors