Post # 1
The Wedding Wire and The Wedding Bee along with Martha Stewart Online Checklist are Fantastic!
I need something Tangible that my other half can look at a
(Wedding Book / Organizer )
He’s hands on and wants to help so that’s great but he wants something not online to move through.
What book is the best?
Post # 3
From what I have seen, and I am in the wedding business, all of the planning books are basically the same. I wouldn’t waste my money on them. I suggest that you print out everything and get yourself some of the plastic sleeves to put the pages in back to back. Get yourself a binder; probably a 4″ one, some dividers with pockets and make your own planning book. You can get a binder with a plastice sleeve/pocket on it and insert a picture of the two of you in the front or decorate it any way you want too. You will want to have a vendor section, a payment section, maybe a DIY list section, an inspiration section, your groom’s checklist, timelines, etc. You may want to make one for each of you, so if you want to put pictures of your gown or other surprises in it, you can without him having direct access to it.
Post # 4
@noritake22: <– I second that idea. that’s what I did, except I’m currently using a 1/2″ binder that I had on hand. I’ll probably “upgrade” to a larger one as needed.
Here’s what I currently have:
- dividers for each section
- 2 pocket folder
- check lists from various sources so I’ll have more than one to look at for ideas and what needs/should be done
- an envelope tucked into the folder for receipts (labeled such)
- the list of candies we want to get to use for our centerpieces
- information from our venue, including prices on cabin rental and wedding packages (we’ve already talked to the venue and are penciled in for that weekend with a price quote already…)
Here’s what I plan on adding:
- list of DIY stuff
- shopping list for DIY items (ribbon, tiles, etc) that can be crossed off (is also in a word document)
- guest list (will also have this in an Excel file)
- all receipts from websites, etc
- list of food that will need to be bought
- closer to the wedding, I’ll probably also include the months (calendar) where we can make notes and such and keep track of dates, etc.
- anything else we can think of
The best part of doing it yourself is it’s FAR cheaper and you can customize it for your wedding. It’ll also be something you can look back on later or even include parts of it in a scrapbook, if you don’t keep it AS a scrapbook!