Post # 1
Hey Bees….I am in need of some help. The FH and I are trying to figure out where to register. I have heard horror stories about different stores. So if any of you have registered or are in the process can you please shed some light on questions such as:
- Best & worst stores to register
- Return policy
- Internet purchasing
- Selection and availablility of products
I certainly appreciate your help. Hope all the wedding plans are going wonderfully!!!
Post # 3
My experience so far is mostly with BB&B although I am also registered at Pottery Barn. I’ve had two gifts arrive broken unforutnately, however they were broken in a way that I’m inclined to think it wasn’t from shipping. Anyway their customer service is great. You can easily exchange or return anything on your registry even without a receipt. One of my Lenox glasses was broken and even though they aren’t an in-store item I was able to return them to the store and have a new pair ordered and shipped to me at no additional shipping cost. I will warn that if you register with them too early when stuff gets discontinued (which only a couple of my items have) they don’t really tell you so you have to keep an eye out for when that happens. Apparently they have a discount that applies after your date so that you can purchase things you didn’t receive for less. I hope this helps!
Post # 4
I had a fantastic experience at Bed Bath and Beyond..
- The people at the store have been generally very helpful, nice, and not terribly pushy
- If you get on their mailing list they regularly send you 20% off coupons which I have been having my family save to purchase items off our registry we did not received from guests.
- They offer cash back for returned gifts that were purchased off your registry
- They shipped our gifts cross country because our wedidng was in Chicago and our new home is in SoCal.
We also registered at Williams-Sonoma because I love their baking products, and Macy’s. We experienced terrible customer service at Macy’s and lots of inconsistencies with gifts (many items we registered being discontinued before the wedding.)