- 6 years ago
Ok Ladies…so “I’s married now” Almost 3 weeks now. At work now so don’t have pics (sorry). But I just wanted to tell everyone that I enjoyed my wedding. Most of all everyone in my wedding party looked fabulous. Especially me and the Darling Husband….I’m still in awe of myself when I look at the pics.
A few things that I would say about my wedding day that didn’t really go as expected but all in all it was good. That day just went by sooo fast!
- DJ messed up a few time on the music (ceremony & reception)
- We got married the night of a big fight so half the guests cut out early
- My dad was late so he didn’t walk me down the aisle.
- The lighting changed colors during about the 1st hour of the reception instead of staying on my one color.
- People brought kids after it was supposed to be no kids (unless parents were in wedding party)
I think these were all things only I noticed (except my dad). I was too busy to get mad over them them. It sucked that people started to leave and didn’t really stay to dance. But it wasn’t about them. As long as I had my honey I was great!
My regrets and advice to other brides would be
- Stick to your first mind on decisions. I didn’t really want a wedding party because I didn’t want the drama. Also to not leave out my best friend of 20 years. Well turns out my BFF was jealous, didn’t help with the wedding and was very cold. I will never talk to her again.
- Stick to your first mind on decisions. I wanted a Destination Wedding and to get married on the beach. Which I should have done. Had about 50 people or less very small and intimate. You put hard work and effort into things that people don’t see or appreciate especially if they leave early.
- Stay on budget. I initially budgeted for $10k. We probably went over $3-5k. I stopped counting…ugh..I really wished I hadn’t and hate that I did now.
- Small intimate is wonderful. As much as I wanted and tried to please everyone I should have only invited the most important people. Only those brought gifts anyway. And you spend all this money with kind of nothing to show for it. Eliminating feeding those people could have gotten us the gifts we wanted, etc.
You live and you learn. At the end of the day I married my best friend and will have beautiful pictures to show for it. I’m happy to be married now and that it’s all over. I loved the planning and the whole wedding ore. I hated the drama and cost 🙁 If I had to change anything I would have still had a wedding just small intimate Destination Wedding with no wedding party. I think that would have made everything perfect. I still had the most wonderful day. The AMAZING week long honeymoon made up for any imperfectins. Now on the the TTC boards, buying a house, etc. Yippeeee! New adventures. Lovely Lovely…
Happy Planning and Weddings ladies! Remember enjoy and relax. Breathe and take it all in.