(Closed) Wedding @ the big Island hawaii Aug. 2013. can i send invites in Dec 2012?

posted 5 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think if you can verbally tell your closest family and friends now that the wedding will be in Hawaii in August (so that they have a heads up that it will be a big trip to get there), then send save the dates about 8 months out with the exact date once you’ve booked, people will have enough notice. You wouldn’t actually send formal invites until a few months before the wedding though.

Post # 5
1318 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I would send out a save the date at that point, but not the invite until much closer…

Post # 6
584 posts
Busy bee

I agree with PP’s, send the Save the Date in December and then invitations at the normal time, 8ish weeks prior to the wedding.  Your invitation will get lost if you send it that early.

Post # 7
3627 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

In addition to being lost that early, you will get a lot of people who commit early and then:

1) Something comes up (e.g. pregnancy, illness/death in the family, etc.)

2) They discover they can’t actually afford the trip (we went to a DW where everyone but immediate family and us cancelled at the last minute because finances were a problem)

Save the Dates are best since that helps them plan but doesn’t give you false expectations about head count.

Post # 8
4047 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I would definitely let people know as soon as possible, even now (since its a DW). I’d hate to see someone book a non refundable vacation or something else and then find out about the wedding! if you don’t know the details, just say August 2012-details to follow! i would send out save the dates, maybe remimder emails as soon as you have a definite date, and send invites early summer.

Post # 9
1240 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@mikaelagrace:  I would send save the date cards 12 months out from a DW, do a wedding websiite with more info about 9 months out, then send invites 6 months out, with an RSVP for 4 months out.

The topic ‘Wedding @ the big Island hawaii Aug. 2013. can i send invites in Dec 2012?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors