Post # 1
So I stumbled upon my wedding twin while researching photographers today. One photographer lets you look through her albums by venue and she happened to have shot a wedding at my venue. So I watched it.
- The bride was wearing my dress (same color too). She also has the same hair color and body type as me.
- Her ring is the same setting (hers has a round, mine is asscher).
- Her guys were in Maroon (my wedding colors include deeper reds).
- Not only did she get married at my venue, but she got married in the same season and in the same room (there are 4 to choose from).
- There are more similarities that I can’t remember right now
Obviously I’m looking too far into things but it was kind of weird/nice seeing someone with such similar tastes. At least now I don’t have to worry about my dress matching my venue or which linens to choose (I’m definitely picking the same ones [venue gives 4 options] as her). I feel like I got a preview of my own wedding lol. There are plenty of differences (I’m not wearing a sash, we have different veils, our flowers are different ect.) so its not like we’re having the exact same wedding. I do kind of wonder if the owners will feel like its deja vu.
Anyone else ever find their wedding twin?
Post # 3
Me! My venue had an open house last Saturday and they did a whole slideshow of their past wedding events. I literally saw my wedding right before my eyes:
* Same Color/Theme: Old Hollywood Glamour w/Red, Rlack and Ivory/White/Gold
* Same Linens that I chose – damask overlays
* Very Similiar dress and in the same color as well
* EXACT same hairtsyle as I chose
* Same room set up
* Groom in same color suit – Khaki color
* Some of her tables had the same centerpieces that I chose (our venue is all inclusive including a florist on site)
On one hand I was like wooow, My wedding will be so beautiful on the other hand I was bummed because they are so similiar and my venue blogs all of their weddings. I don’t want the bride to think I am copying her lol. Oh well, nothing I can do now, I am too lazy to change everything at this point.
Post # 4
Our venue is VERY new, so no wedding twin for me. These are super interesting stories though – one thing I’m looking forward to is sharing my dress so I can see other brides in it!
Post # 5
yes! Not with venues, but with the whole story of the couple and the wedding. I was googling some of my ideas and I came across the website of a Bee, who like me:
- Is American, of Caribbean descent and met her beau on vacay in Barbados
- Is returning to Barbados for the wedding
- Is having the bachelorette party in the same neighborhood as I am
- Her guest hotel is directly next door to mine
- Has a similar wedding website template to mine
- is having a distinct reception (not dinner in a restaurant)
- is having the exact same events as me: welcome cocktail party, rehearsal dinner and post-brunch
- is a beautiful full figured bride
I don’t feel bad saying this, but anything that I can’t seem to figure out on my own, I basically just copy off her. It’d be cool to let her know she’s my girlfriend in my head, but I think it’d seem stalkerish, lol
Post # 6
I’m glad I’m not the only one. And that other people have mixed feelings about wedding twins. Its different from having a dress twin because I know those exist but its different having one thing be similar vs having everything be similar.