(Closed) Wedding venue site Bay Area,CA for 180-200 + allows us to bring our own caterer

posted 8 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Have you looked at Here Comes the Guide? That might be the best place to start, since you can do a search based on the catering and go from there. It’s unfortunately hard to find good venues with the catering flexibility, though—we gave up finally. Didn’t look in the South Bay, though, so there might be some good options down that direction. Good luck!

Post # 4
5399 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Welcome to Weddingbee! Would you mind sharing your budget for a venue?  If you do we might be able to help a little better!

Post # 6
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Here are some sites you can check out:

I would figure out your budget first, you may find that you can’t support that heavy of a guest list.  Theme would be next, that will help you narrow down what kind of venue you should look for.  After that you could look into how much are you going to have to travel to check out the venues.  If you don’t mind driving all over the place then you can look at places farther from home, but if you think that the cost of gas to research a place is too much you should stick closer to home.  Good luck!!!

Post # 7
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Check out some community centers – they are reasonably priced and all that we looked at allowed us to bring our own caterer.  Unfortunately, most could not accommodate 400 people, which is the size of our guest list.

There are some stunning community centers in Crocker (East Bay) and Sunnyvale (South Bay).  “Community center” usually conjures up images of a rickety building in a parking lot, but the ones we looked at were really beautiful. San Ramon (East Bay) also has a gorgeous one, surrounded by a beautiful park and rose garden.  Another one we really liked was the Heather Farm Community Center (Walnut Creek), right on a man-made lake and the Brazilian Room (Berkeley).

You can find all of these in herecomestheguide.com.

Good luck!

Post # 8
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

The cheapest venues that I found are:

Terrace at Willow Glen was 3 to 4K

Mission Blue Center in Brisbane is about $2200 but then you have to rent linens, etc.

Villa Ragusa  and Del Monte Historic buildings range from 4-5K.

You can look at some of my Yelp reviews.  Here is the one for Mission Blue which I think is the cheapest.

By the way, is your wedding date really in October?  I myself made the mistake of doing a short engagement/rushed wedding and have some regrets.  I’m not sure about other brides, but unless you already have your dream dress ordered and are prepared for the hectic stress, it might be better to wait?  It will give you more time to do your venue and vendor research.

The topic ‘Wedding venue site Bay Area,CA for 180-200 + allows us to bring our own caterer’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors