(Closed) Weddingpaperdivas REALLY wants my 5:30 pm wedding to be in the afternoon

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
1986 posts
Buzzing bee

I always thought 6 was evening too. *shrugs*

Post # 4
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think that after 6 is evening officially.  I think because some people work until 6?

Post # 5
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I have always counted evening as starting at 5:00 based on events I have been a part of.

Post # 6
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I always think of that time as sort of a gray area it’s pre-evening. But I’m with you that I would rather it say evening than afternoon. If thats what you want make them change it.

Post # 7
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I didn’t think evening started until 6:00.  5:30 is still afternoon to me.

Post # 8
3672 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I like the sound of 5:30 in the evening better but I guess that’s because I’ve always considered around 5 to be in the middle of afternoon and evening for some reason.  We actually just put 5:30 but we were going to put in the evening if we had put something after that.  

Post # 9
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Ours is starting at 5:30 and we’re saying in the evening. I think it just sounds better that way even if it’s technically afternoon.

ETA: That’s not to say that someone having a wedding at 2 should write evening because it sounds better… 5:30 is one of those in-between times and our reception will deff be in the evening, so for this one I think it’s okay to write evening!

Post # 10
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i agree, 5:30 in the evening sounds better. i wouldn’t care that evening technically starts at 6.

Post # 11
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I don’t know where the work ends for all at 6 comes from.  MY FH ends soon after the market closes EST at 4, so many after work events (non-dinner) start at 5 or 5:30.  Generally, cocktail parties start in the 5s for us, and then we may have dinner plans afterwards. 

Post # 12
6015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I always thought evening was 6pm. 

Post # 13
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@nmsoonerbride: To me, anything after 4:00pm is the “evening”.

Post # 14
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If you want it to be evening, then this is the one time that I think you can pull the bride “it’s my day” card and make 5:30 an “evening” time 🙂

Post # 15
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

This post makes me think of that song “Five in the Afternoon”…. which I always thought was a funny play-on-words type song, because my afternoon ends at 4:59pm. 5 o’clock is definitley evening in my world.

The topic ‘Weddingpaperdivas REALLY wants my 5:30 pm wedding to be in the afternoon’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors