(Closed) Weddings are so OVER PRICED!! ITS CRAZY…any venues under $1000.00 in VA/MD???

posted 6 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@LFarrace:  Aw! I’m searching for the list of places I came up with when I was searching for a venue- but off the top of my head, there’s Old Town Hall in Fairfax Va, Frying Pan Park in Herndon, Va (I think), Stone Mansion in Alexandria, VA…all 3 of these places were under $1000 for a Saturday wedding. Matter of fact, a lot of the options I remember looking at were historical sites (Aledphi Mill in MD, Cabell’s Mill in Centreville VA) were fairly cheap & allow you to bring your own liquor, but have other restrictions (like no open flames). We have a very small budget for the area too (I have no intentions of having a wedding that’s anywhere NEAR 10K, I don’t care how pricey this area is) but with some work, it’s definitely possible. Good luck! Feel free to PM if none of those ideas work out-I can go back and look through my venue doc!

Post # 4
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Look at any community centers in your county. There were a number in mine that were  very nice and met that criteria. We also looked at restaurants that were priced between $250-1100 (which included tables, serveware, linens, etc) – including one on the water in Baltimore.

Here is a possibility if you go off peak/winter season: http://www.historic-oakland.com/facility

Post # 6
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Have you looked at Historic Oakland in Howard County? Since it’s a Columbia Association property, it’s pretty affordable.

I think you will have a hard time finding a historic property that allows you to adhere stuff to the walls and/or ceilings. The risk for damaging the property is just too high.

Other options to consider: Adelphi Mill in PG county, Snow Hill Manor in PG County, Mt. Hebron House in Howard county

If you are willing to let someone else cook, a bed and breakfast is a good option for your guest list size. We got married at a stunning b&b on the Eastern Shore of MD, and our 33 guests fit perfectly. But we were not a budget wedding, so I can’t speak to that end. Have you looked on intimateweddings.com for venue ideas? It may be helpful.

Post # 8
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I was going to suggest the James Monroe Museum in Fredericksburg, Va (may be too south for you), but you want a Christmas wedding. The events there have to be outside, and is only open for events April – October.

Good luck in your search! I know you can find the perfect venue within budget.

Post # 9
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Check out the Hillyer Art Space in DC. It’s right by the Phillips Collection and it’s only 600 for 4 hours on a Sat night. It’s perfect for that size too. 

Post # 11
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Are you willing to do it in the district?

If so, consider renting the Cleveland Park Club.  It’s not as fancy as it sounds, but it’s very homey, and I think it’d fit perfectly with the vibe you’re going for.

We were considering that as our venue, but nixed it because we’re having around 65 people and it would’ve felt too small.

I think it’ll meet all your needs (and it’s really reasonably priced!), BUT the parking situation in the neighborhood is terrible, so you’d definitely want to encourage people to carpool or even consider hiring transportation.

PM me if you want me to introduce you to the lovely people I talked with there!  I can show you the pics I took as well.

Post # 12
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It’s nice to know I’m not the only one in this boat. One venue I looked at MD would have cost our whole budget alone – and that just covered the rental fee and catering. 

@LFarrace:  Good luck! I’d love an update if you find somewhere. What you’re looking for matches a good amount of my criteria too. 

Post # 13
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Unfortunately we had to set our wedding budget way higher that we would have liked. Food and venue alone will put you around $10,000 (for 100 guests) and we had to accept that πŸ™ It may be good to look at places that have lower costs if your wedding is small. I know ours does that, but they are not the cheapest place we saw. If it’s not too far for you or your guests, look into the Middleburg Community Center. I don’t remember their costs, but they were good and the place was extremely nice for a community center. They have a catering kitchen, cocktail area, and ballroom, and a nice backyard area where you can have the ceremony. You can even use their little garden for smaller ceremonies.

The topic ‘Weddings are so OVER PRICED!! ITS CRAZY…any venues under $1000.00 in VA/MD???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors