(Closed) Weddings in 2013??

posted 7 years ago in January 2013
Post # 3
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I don’t think it will be a big deal, and I certainly don’t think it will affect pricing. I’m not engaged yet either, and I’m hoping for a 2012 wedding, but if we did have to push it back to 2013 the date wouldn’t bother me. I’ve always thought 13 was actually kind of a cool number.

Post # 4
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We’ve actually intentionally pushed our wedding from 2012 to 2013 due to us both pursing graduate school and being able to financially pay of the wedding in cash.

To tell you the truth, because we are waiting til June 28th, 2013 our wedding first off is being held on a friday-and fridays– majority of venues gives you discounts–secondly we’ve already put our deposit down for our wedding photographer (We saved a lot of money and was locked into 2011 pricing!! and we are putting our deposit down for our wedding venue next month which the manager is willing to lock in 2011 pricings as well for us. So all in all, you have some wiggle room to play with.

Good luck! Hope this helps a bit.

Post # 5
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

We are so not superstitious that we set our date as 13/07/13 (Canadian so I put the date before the month lol). We thought for those worried about our “luck” that the seven would cancel out the bad juju of the thirteens.

I’ve known three couples that married on 07-07-07 that are already divorced, so I’m not worried about my tricky date 🙂

Post # 6
2295 posts
Buzzing bee

@xx_ambyrr_xx: Your looking at one lady who intentionally picked 2013 because of school, work, money and time (all of which are currently in short supply…except for school :P)

We are also going to be booking our venue right after our engagement (occuring soon) so we can hold onto the current pricing, and secure our date

Post # 7
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

we’re getting married on august 13 of this year, so we have no problems with lucky #13 ! 🙂

Post # 8
2295 posts
Buzzing bee

@missjennalicious: yeah..I dont really buy into all that bad mojo stuff 😛

Post # 9
1017 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

we intentionally pushed our date back a year to 2014, so we wouldnt have a 2013 wedding, i just couldnt find a date i liked in 2013,and my fi just said he doesnt like it cause it has 13 in it…so were waiting another year

Post # 10
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Oh, I could not push my wedding back a year just because of the date. I had a hard time with the length of my nine-month engagement! 🙂 but we are getting married on a Friday, the 13th and we’re not scared! no biggie 🙂

The topic ‘Weddings in 2013??’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors