Post # 1
FI and I are so very excited that we got an early wedding gift- a BFP! We were planning on TTC right after the wedding, but are happy for this little oops! While it’s still early and we are only guardedly excited, I want to get ahead of any changes we need to make to our wedding plans, since the wedding is September 13! I have a doc appt. soon, but I will be between 11-14 weeks at the wedding.
My biggest concerns:
1) my dress. It is a natural waist ballgown, so i think my chest and stomach will do OK in it! Any advice?
2) my bachlorette party. I REALLY dont want to tell my friends I’m expecting before the wedding- they have HUGE mouths, and I want to make a big announcement at the wedding! Any advice on non-alchohol related parties or ideas that wont seem too obvious? Most of my friends are single and still in the party stage.
3) My honeymoon. We are going to Vegas- any tips/ ideas for things I can do while pregnant?! i am not a big drinker anyways so I was not planning on clubbing or anything like that anyways.
4) A cute way to announce at the wedding- any ideas?!
Thanks 🙂 🙂
This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by .
This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by .
Post # 2
shellybee13: congrats to you and your FI 🙂 <br /> For the bachelorette… how about somthing tame that all of you enjoy, where not-drinking won’t be questioned… like spa day? painting class? baking course? scavenger hunt… (i imagine if you do a pub crawl it would be quite obvious if you chose not to drink .
Post # 3
Odds are you won’t be showing much at 11-14 weeks, that’s still pretty early. You may want to ask if it could be altered a bit just in case though.
Bachelorette…spa day? Something where you can just get pampered instead of plastered.
Cute announcement idea: I had a friend announce her pregnancy at her wedding. Her husband took the microphone and let her guests know that they had a very special guest with them that night. And then his wife got up to stand next to him and announced “Baby LastName!”
ETA: a big congrats on your bfp! Such an exciting time as you and your FI start your lives together!
Post # 4
- Wedding: December 2014 - The Villa
1. I think (everyone is different) especially if this is your first pregnancy you should be fine. Those of us who have been pregnant before tend to show first.
2. I would def go for a spa day for your bachelorette… it’s best to stay out of the club scene if you can. If your GFs insist, go along and order shirley temples (no cherries) or Cranberry Coolers all night. If any one asks… it’s a Cranberry Vodka. I used to be a bartender so giving out Shirley Temples to look like drinks for those DDs who didn’t wanna be pressured was my job.
Post # 5
- Wedding: December 2014 - Norton Country Club
1) Most women I’ve seen don’t show too much at 11-14 weeks, so you should be fine!
2) If they won’t pick a tame/non-drinking night out, maybe say you’re on a detox or cleanse to avoid bloating? “No alcohol, no caffeine, no fried stuff”… It’s very common now!
3) Maybe incorporate a baby into your cake topper? I’m not sure, but it might be subtle & fun to see who notices first?
Post # 6
Congrats! How exciting!!
1) I would think that so long as you are good about eating a healthy amount and keeping cravings in check, your dress should fit perfectly fine. With a first pregnancy at 11-14 weeks, you probably won’t even have a tiny bump. I personally didn’t start showing until I was closer to 19 weeks, and I am a short girl!
2) For your bachelorette, maybe just emphasize you want something low-key. Dinner theatre, spa, something interesting and fun based on your hobbies? You could always use the excuse that the doctor put you on antibiotics (so you can’t drink) or that you’re having dietary issues and need to cut out a bunch of things to determine what is making you sick (which will work especially well if you’re having morning sickness– then you can just play it off as a food insensitivity that you’re trying to figure out).
3) I’ve never been to Vagas, but I am sure there are lots of fun things you can do without drinking 🙂
4) I love the cake topper suggestion! That would be so cute 🙂 I had a wooden cake topper with me, DH, DD and our dog and I kept it to put on a shelf in our living area. It’s something that is very special to us!
<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”><br /><br /></div>
Post # 7
I don’t think you’ll be showing yet, so I wouldn’t worry.
Is there one friend out of the group that you can confide in and know she will hold the news in? That way you aren’t putting too much input into your own bachelorette. I think that would give it away! I second pp’s ideas like a spa day, painting class, comedy show? If you can’t get out of going to a club or bar try and take the bar tender aside and insist they make any drink you or one of the other girls orders for you virgin.
Love the idea a pp said about DH grabbing the mic and announcing a special guest 🙂 Another idea that I saw on the show “Four Weddings” is making a slide show of pictures of the 2 of you from young to current age, including pictures of the 2 of you over the span of your relationship. Show it during dinner and at the end of the slideshow have the last picture be your sonagram with something like “First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby _____ ___ 2015!!!”
Post # 8
I’m sure you have nothing to worry about with your dress. I agree with PP’s that a spa day would be your best bet for the bachelorette party. In Vegas there are tons of things you can do without drinking. You can go to the Bellagio Botanical Gardens or one of the art galleries there, go see any of the shows like Cirque De Solei. If you are more outdoors-y, you could go to Red Rock Canyon (I’m a Vegas native and it is my favorite place). You could go to to Hoover Damn, Lake Mead, the Container Park (downtown), or just wander Fremont Street (great people watching). Just some suggestions. Congrats!
Post # 9
ren89: Just an update- I will be 16 weeks, actually! oops! I am very fit (run every day, lift weights, yoga, etc). Do you think it will be 100% obvious at 16 weeks?
Post # 10
urchin: I hope I am like you, because I will actually be more like 16 weeks at the wedding, not 11-14! oops!
Post # 11
shellybee13: I still don’t think you’ll be too big with your first. But if it puts your mind at ease talk a little bit with your seamstress about a back up plan!
Post # 12
shellybee13: Congrats!!! 🙂 I considered a spa day & dinner for my bachelorette even though many of my friends are still big partiers & I’m not pregnant or anything, just kind of over making an ass of myself lol, and hangovers. soo over hangovers. For a dinner, if you went to a place with good service, you could even call ahead and explain the situation, have them bringing you something bubbly but non-alcoholic all night as the bachelorette (sort of like how some restaurants will bring you fancy free drinks if your friend tells them its your birthday). And the pools in vegas are fab! I went with my family before I was 21 and really enjoyed it. We went to 3 shows (incl a variety show which was our favorite and the cheapest at ~$35), hiking to see wild burros, and my sister and I mostly hung out by the pools and on the lazy river pool. Just skip the Liberace museum haha
Post # 13
shellybee13: Congrats on the wedding and the baby!
As far as Vegas goes, you can set up shows for each night. Things like comedy, acrobatics, etc. Some of my favorite shows are the water shows: “O” and “Le Reve”. There’s also a newer acrobatic show that’s like a rock opera – it’s pretty cool too! All the shows have early and late evening shows, so you can pick depending on how tired you are from the pregnancy. Also, if funds are an issue, there are places that you can go the morning of to find discount tickets to shows for that night – you just won’t necessarily have your pick of seat or show. Other ideas – lounge about, get room service and go to the spa, play some games in a casino if you gamble?