(Closed) Weekly Welcome 8/31/09-9/7/09

posted 8 years ago in Beehive
Post # 3
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Hello! I’m Tessa. I’ve been around here for about 7 months. We are getting married in a week and a half!!!! Woo hoo! We’ve got two crazy cats and I’m trying to convince my fiance we should get a dog after the wedding.

My first concert: New Kids On The Block!!! My bff and I went and we had a blast!

Post # 4
952 posts
Busy bee

My first concert was New Kids on the Block! They’re also my last, I saw them late last year in DC.

Post # 5
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi!  I’m Amy and I’ve been lurking around the boards for a few months.  I’m from Wisconsin and having a formal wedding in Milwaukee next year.  So nice to “meet” all of you–the hive is awesome.  πŸ™‚

First concert…Everclear with Soul Coughing and DJ Scribble as the opening acts when I was a sophomore in high school.  I remember they were giving out free CDs at the concert for a new rapper…Eminem!  Haha. 

Post # 6
990 posts
Busy bee

Aloha! I’m Alisha and I’ve been reading weddingbee for months but only became a member a few weeks ago! We’re not engaged yet, but Loverboy and I regularly talk wedding and are prepared for it … just waiting for some life things to get out of the way to make it all possible (and get the money together for a ring)!

My first concert was Warped Tour in 2002! I went with a group of friends and forgot my ticket … instead of driving the hour back home and then the hour back to retrieve said ticket I swindled my way in by selling CDs for a marketer … it was the most fun I’ve had getting into a concert. Ever.

Post # 7
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi, I’m Shannon!  I got enagaged July 25th and found this website about a week ago.  My love and I plan on getting married May 21, 2011 on Cape Cod Ma (North Truro, hopefully). I have a 7yo daughter who is madly in love with her future step-dad and we have two crazy terriers named Boomer (Jack Russell) and Mr. Brian Bubblegums (Taco Terrier).

First concert was Barry Manilow–with my parents when I was 7yo and Rick Springfield–with a friend when I was in 6th grade.  Yes, I am old πŸ˜‰

Post # 8
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Shaema:  I bet Rick Springfield was a blast!  That would be a fun one, for sure.  πŸ™‚

Post # 9
3332 posts
Sugar bee

Welcome to all the Newbees!  My name is Jessie and I’ve been around the Hive for almost a year.  I got married in May to the coolest guy around. We have two crazy cats and are huge football and TV fans.

My first concert, like many of you others, was New Kids on the Block.  I was TOTALLY obsessed and we actually slept outside, waiting in line for tickets. 

Post # 10
937 posts
Busy bee

Hello new bees! I’m Heather, gettting married in 5 glorious days πŸ˜‰ We’re marrying in Vegas with some close friends and family, honeymooning there for the week, and then returning back home to WA for the reception on the 12th. I am so ready for it to be over tho–I’m on craft/wedding project overload right now and I just am ready to be married!

My first BIG concert was… don’t laugh… Hanson. Embarassed I was 13. That’s my only excuse at the moment. I kind of liked them at the time and for some reason my parents got my tickets to see them so… whatever I went! πŸ˜› In middle school and high school I loved going to local concerts, lots of punk and ska type bands. Went to lots of Warped Tours too.

Post # 11
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@shaema – you’re my “date” twin!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My first concert was Kriss Kross.  You remember, those kid rappers that wore their clothes backwards?  My mom let us wear our clothes backwards to the show and we were beyond excited!

My parents could not afford tickets to NKOTB when we were kids.  My sister and I made up for it and saw them last year at Madison Square Garden :o)

Post # 13
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi there my name is miss goodart.  I have been on here for a few weeks now.  I technically don’t have a ring yet but we already booked out reception site.  We should be getting engaged some time in October is my guess.  I want a suprise but my parents have a diamond that I want to use in my engagment ring so I have to wait till my mom brings it at the end of septmeber and then we will look for rings.    I just bought my first house this summer and BF will move in when we get married.

Post # 14
937 posts
Busy bee

@ hotchildinthecity: Kriss Kross pretty much ruled when I was little, LOL! I think I even wore my pants backwards a few times!

Post # 15
2682 posts
Sugar bee

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah, I’ve been around the hive for about 9 months now. I got married in June but can’t curb my addiction for this site. πŸ™‚ my first concert was also New Kids on the Block, I was about 7 or 8 years old and I went with my mom and a couple friends to see them at Arco Arena in Sacramento, we had total nose bleed seats! I saw them again last October with my friend and again this past July!

Post # 16
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Welcome, NewBees! I’m Emily (EAQ219 here on the boards.) I’ve been here since July 2008 and I’m getting married next May. You’re just gonna love it here.

My first concert was Bonnie Raitt wayyy back when I was in 2nd grade. My mom and I got KFC and sat on the lawn at our local outside concert venue.

Again, welcome ladies!

The topic ‘Weekly Welcome 8/31/09-9/7/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors