(Closed) Weight Loss Challenge Weddingbees -2013

posted 5 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
5109 posts
Bee Keeper

@doubtingdebbieah:  I’ll play!!!!

1. Current Weight/Height:  This morning was 154 which is up from the last few days but oh well, I will use today’s weight. I’m 5’8”. My starting weight was 176.2.

2. Goal Weight:  120

3. Months till the wedding:  Negative 11? Hehehe. I will say five months because that’s months until my BFF’s wedding, in whose wedding I’m maid of honor!

4. What steps you plan on taking!:  I’m counting calories on MyFitnessPal, eating low glycemic index foods, trying to eat every 2 hours and trying to eat nutrient dense foods (this is my weakness – I don’t do fruits and veggies very well!). I’m exercising 5-7 days per week; I’m lifting weights through a program called ChaLEAN Extreme, I’m doing Couch To 5K (have a long term goal of running a half marathon), and doing Zumba for extra cardio when I need it.

My struggle today was I emotionally ate. I don’t usually do this, but today… I needed to. It was my first day of counseling and she went deeper than I was expecting and it was just tough. I was just feeling low. I had a Hershey’s bar….I dipped the little bits in peanut butter….lol. Whoops…..I really wasn’t going to do that, but I was just… Not doing well. That was my struggle!!!

Post # 5
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

1. Current Weight/Height: 132. 5′ 4″

2. Goal Weight: 115

3. Months till the wedding 7

4. What steps you plan on taking! – exercise 3-4 per week; low carb/no gluten; track food; more water and vitamins 

Post # 6
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

1. Current Weight/Height 150 pounds, 5’9″

2. Goal Weight 135 pounds (I have lost 7 pounds in the past 2 weeks!)

3. Months till the wedding 7

4. What steps you plan on taking! So far, I have continued to work with a trainer 2x a week. The biggest change I made in the past few weeks was cutting down to 1,400-1,500 calories (I track everything online). It has been VERY tough, but I’m determined to lose this weight once and for all! I need to go to the gym more often, too.

Post # 7
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@doubtingdebbieah:  I’ll do it…

1. Current Weight/Height

146.2 lbs (down from 154 just 10 weeks ago); 5′ 7”

2. Goal Weight

138lbs

3. Months till the wedding

Just about 1 month

4. What steps you plan on taking! Busting my butt!! I won’t make it by my wedding, but I will keep at it!

Post # 8
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@ChuckNorris:  Your goal weight is 120lbs at 5’8??? Just asking to confirm.

Post # 9
3028 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Any support and accountability I can get helps me:

1. Current Weight/Height

146lbs and 5’0″

2. Goal Weight

125, although 130 would be great too

We are eloping and don’t have an exact date, but roughly 4

4. What steps you plan on taking!

I have lost 7lbs in the last 2 months.  I am using myfitnesspal (same name here if anyone wanted to add me,) I am eating much, much better, besides tea and once a week Diet Coke no caffiene, 8 water, no booze and 1 cheat day of no more than 1800 calories.  I am starting to take vitamins but continue to struggle w/ energy to go to the gym.  I believe I am hypogyclemic and having to eat every 2-3 hours makes dieting really difficult- MD appt in 2 weeks.  I was 125 exactly 1 year ago though diet and working out and it’s coming off much slower and is a lot harder to stay around 1200cals/net right now.

I also have done weightlosswars.com before which is a competition site where you pay some $ and take weekly pics and can win $ from the pot. When I lost 25# last winter I put in $30 and won $147!  Hoping to lose weight and win some $$ again for the wedding.  

Post # 10
5109 posts
Bee Keeper

@maya2008:  Yes, I’m very, very, very small framed. (seriously, like, lanky arms and chicken legs). I promise it won’t look weird nor will I starve myself to get there. You can add me on MyFitnessPal to check me if you want!!! hahah

Post # 11
33 posts
Newbee

Hi! I could really do with some extra support and motivation so here goes! 

1. CW: 187, 5ft 8

2. GW: 147

3. 6

4. Walk to work and back every day – total 5miles per day. Follow Slimming World extra easy plan religiously!

Post # 12
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m late in the game here (both on this board and in the weight loss game), but I’m trying to get serious now, since I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I’ve lost/gained about 30lbs several times before (I know- not healthy) so I’m hoping I can pull it off again. Here are my stats: 

1. Current Weight/Height

190/5’3″

last time I weighed myself I was 190 lbs (that was a few weeks ago, and I’ve been scared to look since). I’ll weigh in on the scale at my work this week for an accurate measurement). 

2. Goal Weight

165 for the wedding; ultimately 135-145

4. What steps you plan on taking! 

I just re-joined the gym, so I’m planning on getting my butt there 4-5 times a week for some serious cardio and light weight lifting. As of tomorrow, I’ll be cutting back on carbs and upping my water intake.

I’m excited to see everyone’s check-ins! 

The topic ‘Weight Loss Challenge Weddingbees -2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors