(Closed) Weight Watchers Brides – Weekly Check In, 4/12/10

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 4
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m here, I’m here!!!

I am soooo back and track and ready to take back control of my body! I’ve been doing WW on and off for the last 3 years, mostly on and lost about 30lbs. and made lifetime, BUT I have put back on about 10lbs so I ready to lose 20 before the big day!

I started up really yesterday tracking everything and focusing on healthy guidelines.

We should totally have our little online meeting on here!

Post # 6
1251 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve never seen a WW thread on here before! Yay. I love the program. I’ve lost 50 pounds on it before, but unfortunatly gained it all back. Both my grandparents died, and I went back to school full-time, and the weight came with it.

But thankfully I restared the program 3 weeks ago, and have already lost 7.6 lbs. I missed my meeting this week (got my wisdom teeth out), but I will be back on the scale next Tuesday.

Post # 8
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hi! I’ve been on WW since January 2009 and lost 26 pounds. Ideally I’d like to lose 9 more. Since September I’ve been hovering around the same 5 pound range and my upcoming wedding date has encouraged me to make some new changes to try to get the rest of the way to my goal (though I might not be quite at goal for the wedding).

@Sweetheart — I’ve been there. As long as you’re following the healthy eating guidelines and losing, I don’t think it’s a problem 🙂 Enjoy it!

I always promised myself I wouldn’t do anything while losing weight that I won’t do afterwards when I’m maintaining. For me, that means a little dessert every night after dinner. Since I’ve been hanging out at the same weight for ages, I’ve realized that I don’t get to eat as much junk as I used to and now I have to be really strategic about it. I’m a little frustrated because I’ve cut down on my points and increased exercise for two weeks and the weight just barely eeks off. But I’m trying to have faith that if I follow the program, make healthy choices, and try new things when I get stuck, with time I’ll hit my goal.

Post # 9
990 posts
Busy bee

Yay! I clicked on fitness hoping to find a weight watchers thread.

I just started tonight! And I am PUMPED. My mom did weight watchers 5 years ago … lost almost 50 pounds … she went with me today and she was only 1.2 pounds over her goal weight (she had lost a bit more than that 5 years ago) and she totally gave me the motivation I need.

I haven’t decided how much I want to lose yet … but I’m thinking I’ll decide when I hit my 10% mark.

Does anyone here have any tips/tricks for keeping on track?

Post # 10
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@alishaneva – Congratulations on making the first (and I think biggest) step in losing weight! I think it’s great you have your mom to support you–it’s easier when you have a buddy. At the meetings they’ll give you tons of great tips. And I think you’re right on not choosing a goal until you get to 10%.

My tips would be

-follow the program (for me that means weighing and measuring my portions otherwise I’m not honest enough about it) and the healthy eating guidelines (I lose more on weeks when I eat more fruits and veggies instead of using my points for crackers)

-my leader told us to remember your weight loss life and maintenance life should be mirror images, not to do anything while dieting that we couldn’t sustain in maintenance. I thought that was really wise, because a decade ago I lost 20 lbs with WW and eventually went back to poor eating habits. She said we should think of ourselves as have “WW” at the end of our names, like Jane Smith, W.W. (WW for life).

-take your weight loss one goal at a time, which is why the five pound stars and % goals are so important. Also, try to do something–even something little– to celebrate the accomplishment of each goal (new clothing, piece of jewelry, massage, new book, walk with a friend).

-mix it up. I try to keep it interesting by changing my workouts every few months, getting new cookbooks, and finding new foods to try. It makes it feel more like a maintainable lifestyle for me.

I’m excited to hear how your first week goes!

Post # 11
990 posts
Busy bee

@Vonnegurl – thank you so much for the support and tips. I am super excited and ready to lose this weight! I wasn’t always so heavy – and the past few years I have really let myself get bigger and bigger. I am ready to control this!

Today hasn’t been too bad so far. I’m starting off with 26 points so I feel like I have a good bit of leniency … at the same point I’m worried some days I won’t fill them all and I know it’s important to make sure you get the full value of points in a day!!

The people at the meeting last night were great! Good luck to you, too – and if you need any help/support let me know! I am definitely here for you!

Post # 13
990 posts
Busy bee

@SweetheartDealer – good luck with your weigh in! I bet you’ll be just fine!!

Thanks for the tip – I have been avoiding BLTs so far … but man it’s not easy – that’s for sure! I am hungry so far but my mom said that is natural at first … and it does subside. I hope so!

Post # 14
305 posts
Helper bee

No way! A ww board? yay!! I just joined with my mom on Monday! My mom wants/needs to lose some major lbs (mostly for health reasons but an approaching wedding is always a great incentive!) and I want to lose like 15 lbs before the big day so I joined with her for moral support. Glad to see there is a board for this!

Post # 15
721 posts
Busy bee

Hi ladies,

I lost a lot of weight on WW 3 years ago but I gained it all back because I stopped exercising and tracking.  But tonight (!) I’m going back to my meeting, and getting back on track.  I already have a workout plan for the next week and I’m really excited to get back on track.  Looking forward to checking in with you ladies frequently.

Sherilyn

Post # 16
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Go on with your bad selves!!!!!!!  I applaud all of you for your hard work!  Keep it up!  I just made lifetime yesterday and got married last month (March).  We’re doing our beach honeymoon in June so I have motivation to behave myself until then.  It’s after that which worries me.  But every day is a new one and I refuse to beat myself up after one bad decision or meal.  We’re only human!  WW is a really good program and it works.  If anybody is reading this and is thinking about doing it – I definitely encourage you.    

The topic ‘Weight Watchers Brides – Weekly Check In, 4/12/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors