- 5 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
This summer, after deciding that I wanted a moissanite rather than a diamond, and he finally agreed that I could have whatever I wanted, we decided to transfer money to an account I don’t have access to so he could buy my ring and surprise me. He didn’t buy the ring immediately, but I just found out that we was planning to propose when I wanted it the most — next weekend, which marks 5 and a half years together. A few weeks ago, we found out the Amora Moissanite, which I originally wanted to get, was out to stock, and won’t be in stock for a few more months — and even that date is tentative. So, for a few weeks I’ve been debating between Asha, waiting for the Amora, or getting a Forever Brilliant. Yesterday I finally decided on their Forever Brilliant when he told me that he wanted to propose on the 7th and was a bit disappointed.
That is what I wanted. I would have been so thriled. I would be thrilled either way — but I thought October was a pipe dream, I was expecting it in November, and just hoping that he could surprise me…and he was going to. Learning about all of this has me a bit crushed. Damn. So, now I know I won’t be getting my proposal next week, and I am a bit emotional about it. It really would have been extra-special. But, we’ll see when it really happens.
At least the anticipation is gone, I won’t be wondering “maybe” or “what if.” I guess i’m just a bit sad that it was going to happen and now it’s not.
I don’t even know why I am writing this.