(Closed) What am I going to do with 150 gold charger plates?

posted 5 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
4327 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Spray paint makes things match quite well.

Post # 5
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

You could sell them to me! 

Im planning on having gold in my wedding colours too.

However I don’t think silverware would clash THAT much…

Post # 6
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@EffieTrinket:  I’m looking to buy gold chargers after someone has used them too! I think that gold chargers are really popular, and easily sellable afterwards!

Post # 7
847 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

@EffieTrinket:  You really shouldn’t be painting plates, even if they’re chargers. I guess you could look in charity shops and stuff for gold flatware and just have mismatched ones? I don’t know…

Post # 8
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I know it bothers you, but it’s highly unlikely that your guests will notice. Most silverware is silver……..so honestly, I would go with the silverware and the gold charger plates.

Just some examples

http://www.pinnaclecpwevents.com/photogallery/The%20Pinnacle%20Bridal%20Tasting/Black%20Poly%20Stripe%20Table%20Linen%20with%20Gold%20Charger%20Plates.jpg

http://www.simplybowsandchaircovers.co.uk/gallery/main/9ef77f69ef8b12665a15870e3136afdc.jpg

Post # 9
46151 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@EffieTrinket:  It is perfectly normal and common place to have silverware (or stainless ) cutlery used with any color of chargers and china. It doesn`t matter that silver is not one of your wedding colors. People expect to see silverware, no matter what the color scheme.

I would much rather have real stainless than plastic gold cutlery.

Post # 10
3092 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I also don’t think it will be too much of a mismatch…or can you find napkins with gold to wrap the silverware in?

Post # 11
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@julies1949:  I totally agree.  If I ever attended a wedding that had gold as a colour, it wouldn’t even occur to me that the colour scheme would translate to the silverware. 

Post # 12
4049 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I agree with PPs – stick with the silverware and gold plates. I don’t think it will look odd at all.

Post # 14
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@EffieTrinket:  if you decide you don’t want them, sell them to me! Seriously, shoot me a message with your price!

Post # 15
2287 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Central Park

You are over thinking it. No one expects silverware to be a color other than silver.

The topic ‘What am I going to do with 150 gold charger plates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors